Chapter Seventyfive

Third POV

Third POV

"Sir, what are we supposed to do now?" Kate questions, her voice lace with irritation.

Toby is leaning against the wall next to the door, arms crossed over his chest. It's been two weeks now. Eboni has shown no signs of waking up, still trapped in her vegetable like state. Due to this, she has been taking most of the supplies saved up- the most being healing serum. Healing serum is only used when a injury, such as a broken bone, takes longer to heal and affects the proxy's chance of taking more missions.

So after the situation with Eboni, Slenderman has become more demanding- sending his proxies on mission after mission. These missions become more and more dangerous thanks to Zalgo somehow becoming more powerful. No one understands how, nor why. That's what Slenderman has been doing each time he leaves the mansion for long periods amount of time- trying to figure out what is making Zalgo so strong in such little time?

"Her state is draining all of our supplies. It would take months for X virus & Ej to create more batches to sustain us." Kate said, motioning to her broken arm in a case.

Toby scoffs, looking at Kate. "S-So what do you expect h-him to do? Cut Eboni off l-life support?"

"Yes! She's practically dead! There's so reason to keep her on life support! It's a waste of space!"

"Jeff would never allow it. He'd kill you before you pull the plug, and you know it. We a-all know it. H-He isn't who he u-used to be."

The room falls silent at Toby's words. Yes, it's true that Jeff isn't who he used to be. He's become more aggressive, more threatening, and far more dangerous. He's a ticking time bomb, snapping at anyone who so much as says Eboni's name. He hasn't been taking proper care of himself either. He spends everyday in Eboni's hospital room, watching her like a hawk.

Sometimes he'll whisper pleas, begging her to wake up. Other times he's yelling all types of profanities, blaming her for his unbearable pain- calling her selfish on multiple occasions. He barely eats, drinking his days away. Alcohol has become his new high. Drinking seems to be his only form of escaping his pain, the only time he's able to sleep peacefully is when the drinks knock him out cold.