Chapter Fiftynine

Third POV

Christmas eve. A day meant for preperation for the biggest holiday of the year. Its supposed to be full of happiness, cheer, and wonder- but not for Eboni. She's dreading seeing her family again after so many years of torment. She thought she had given herself enough time to prepare herself mentally- but those days weren't enough.

Right now Eboni has finished getting ready. She did her make up, nails, and packing her bag. The teen places on her white platform boots, careful not to snag the zipper on her heart shaped pattern fishnet tights. She puts on her fuzzy headband to push back her curly hair. She glances over herself in the mirror, sighing at the sight. Eboni is dressed in a pink mini skirt with a white sweater.

"Ready sweetheart?" Tiffany ask with a smile full of empathy.

Eboni nods, grabbing her bag and cell phone. The middle age woman will be dropping the teen off at the bus top where Jeff will be waiting within the woods just across the street. The two walk out the house, getting into the car. Eboni quickly puts her airpods in to avoid any conversation.

Finally at the bus stop, Eboni jumps out of the car- bag over her shoulder. Tiffany honks her horn, trying to get the girl's attention. Eboni takes one airpod out, eyeing the woman. "What is it now?"

"Nothing just...if you can't handle it- call me and I'll come get you. Ok?"

Eboni raises a brow before scoffing. Why is she suddenly trying to be a mother? Even after Eboni found out the truth on why they take in foster children & why they never bothered to take Alex down. It's a bit to little to late.

"Yeah. Sure- whatever. Just go already."

Tiffany sighs sadly, nodding her head. "Merry Christmas Eboni. I hope things go well." She said before driving away.

Eboni waits patiently, trying not to pick at her freshly done white colored nails. The bus will be here in a few seconds minutes, and she refuse to get on without Jeff. Just as the city bus turns the corner to its stop, Jeff springs out of the woods- sprinting towards Eboni.