Chapter Thirtyseven

Third POV

Third POV

Eboni. A girl that has managed to trap the heart of a notorious serial killer, a girl that has been through so much trauma, a girl full of fighting spirit and a fire that never dwindles, a girl that's fearless- fighting her way through whatever life handed her. Eboni. A girl that's to trusting, a girl that longs for a sense of normalcy, a girl that placed her loyalty into the wrong places.

Eboni...a girl that's now a shell of her former self. A girl that lost the battle of the trauma she didn't want to face. The trauma she somehow knew would ruin her. And Jeff let it happen. Here he is, holding her close to his chat- feeling guilt eat at him.

His gut feelings are never wrong- so why didn't he listen? His instincts never failed him- so why did he ignore them? He should've went with his first mind. He should've told her no. He should've followed what Hoodie did with Iris, even if it meant having to deal with Eboni throwing a tantrum. The one time the killer didn't listen- and it resulted into this.

Jeff lays a hand on her cheek, staring down at her as he caresses her cheekbone with his thumb. Even with puffy cheeks, swollen eyes, and a black eye- Eboni still manages to be effortlessly beautiful in his eyes. Everything about her is so alluring, even in her broken state.

How could he fail her? Jeff never fails at anything- his only failure being his battle against slenderman. He's supposed to be her protector, warn her of the dangers people can cause- but she knows these things considering all she's dealt with before. She's never trusted a soul besides her parents, so why did she trust Taylor more than him?

Taylor....

He can feel that stomach churning rage building again. It's a strange sensation. His skin feeling as if he's on fire, blood boiling- yet his bones feel chilling, ice cold. The more he thinks about Taylor, the more vexed he becomes- body shaking again.

How could she abandon Eboni at her very first highschool party? BEN suggested to give that bitch a chance yet here he is, tending to his girl that's deteriorating from the inside out. This all pegs the question he's been asking since being told what happen- Why?