Chapter Thirtysix

Third POV

It's been five hours since Jeff has heard from Eboni. She should be home by now. He knows her well, and there's no way she'd stay at a party for that long. Eboni hates crowds and he knows this. Also that gut feeling keeps intensifying. He sighs loudly, drawing BEN's attention.

"What's bugging you now?" He ask, not taking his eyes off the TV screen.

"Eboni."

"When is she not bugging you in some way?" Jack smirks, sitting next to his fellow killer. "Thought you two made up-"

"We never fought."

Jack and BEN share a look, shaking their heads. "Nah man. That was definitely a fight." BEN corrected.

"For fucks sake it wasn't-!"

"Things like that happen...well for normal relationships they don't end with a hand print on the other's throat."

"Except the abusive ones." BEN snickers.

"She liked that shit anyways." Jeff huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's not the point. Your communication skills are terrible. There's a better way of warning your partner about the people she surrounds herself with." Jack tries to reason, but with Jeff he knows it's pointless.

"No fuck that! She wasn't listening the first time I told her so I was pissed off! She's so desperate for friends that she'll drain herself dry for them- for that bitch." Jeff seethes, thinking about Taylor.

"Give the girl a chance. I think you're overreacting." BEN said, rolling his eyes.

"Or maybe you want Eboni to only need you." The cannibal said matter of factly.

Jeff tenses, clenching his teeth. Jack is right- he knows he is, but he sure as hell won't admit it. Eboni should only need Jeff. No one else is good enough for her but him. No one is worth her time but him. That's how it should be, but Eboni is still fighting against that fact- and it pisses him off.