Chapter Sixty

Third POV

"Child it's time to wake up. Dinner us ready and we're eating it together- like a family." Grandma Abigail said while knocking on the bedroom door.

"Not hungry."

"Gurl get your ass up! Come on! Abbie took a liking to you so come on! Stop being so over dramatic!" Veronika shouts from behind the door.

Eboni almost snapped again but remembered her words. The sooner she gets through this the sooner she'll be out of their lives. But Eboni can't help but question why they reached out to her in the first place. Considering how their treating her, it isn't out of love. Just what's their motive?"

"Alright! Be down in five!" She shouts, crawling out of bed and reaches in her bag to put on a a pair of pink leggings and a crop white hoodie with a pink heart in the middle.

The teen grabs her phone and leaves one airpod in her ear. She slips on her house shoes and opens her door, glad no one is there waiting for her on the other side. Eboni starts walking mindlessly, forgetting her way to the dining room- not that she cared. Why not explore a mansion that she'll never get the luxury to live it?

The floor is marble white, walls bricked and painted white as well. Eboni doesn't have a problem with the color white, but white on white like this can give anyone a headache. What this place needs is a splash of...color.

That's when the teen stumbles across a black metal door. It's odd how she wasn't paying at attention to her surroundings, yet was drawn to this door. The hall has no other rooms, no windows, and no stairs, just this door. Eboni moves closer to the door, reaching for the handle until a voice breaks her from her trance.

Veronika clears her throat, crossing her arms over her chest. "What are you doing?"

"What is this room so secluded?"

"None of your business. No one is allowed in there. Now come on. Dinner is getting cold."

"Tch. Whatever..." she whisper, "lead the way. This damn place is a maze."