Chapter 4

Finalllyyyyyy I'm hereeee LAWD 😩 Sorry for the delayyyy!

Mannn this week for me has been so ROUGH. But I promise I did not forget about y'all😭 I could never leave y'all hanging like that, hellll nawwww.

How's everyone doing tho? Y'all good? I hope so🩷

Anywayyy... Enjoy ☺️🤗

Chicago, IL📍Sunday May 12th2pm

Chicago, IL📍
Sunday May 12th
2pm

"It's nice that you have Sunday's off, Kals."

Kaliyah found herself slumped in a chair right next to Lorenzo's bedside. Her legs were up hanging over the armrest, swinging carelessly back and forth as she had her laptop situated against her thighs.

"Mmhmm. Sunday's are literally the only day out of the week where I can just relax."

She replied, quickly glancing at her father who was busy watching the small TV in front of him. He had the remote in his hands, aimlessly flipping through the channels.

Kaliyah woke up early today even after the long night she had, just so she could spend some quality time with her father. She did her usual routine where she would bring him breakfast since he wasn't a big fan of the hospital food.

From there, they would just sit around, talk, watch TV together, and practically just enjoy the little time that they had. Kaliyah loved nothing more then to do this with him every weekend. Spending this time with her dad meant so much to her. She enjoyed every moment of it.

Kali found herself looking back at the screen of her laptop, frowning her face slightly before letting out a sigh.

"What's wrong?"

Lorenzo spoke up, noticing how moody she suddenly got. Kaliyah huffed lightly, closing her computer shut.

"Nothing really... it's just this building I had my eye on for months, somebody else recently bought it apparently."