Chapter 17

Hello my babies❤️❤️ Happy Halloween even tho I don't celebrate it lol

I had some time to post today, so I said why notttt 😘

Enjoyyyy❤️

Chicago, IL📍Monday, June 30th3pm

Chicago, IL📍
Monday, June 30th
3pm

"Noooo Von, you can't just pop up at my job right now."

Sitting quietly in the break room at her second part time job, Kaliyah was currently in between patients, simply enjoying some downtime to herself. She had a pretty easy work day so far, her usual duties consisting of taking blood from patients and packing it up for shipment as a phlebotomist would normally do.

Right now, she had her phone out, leaning it up against a few books while currently on FaceTime with Von.

"And why not?"

She could hear him say, just as he gave her an annoyed expression through the screen. It looked like he was inside one of his cars, driving somewhere on the road with the phone resting on his lap.

"Because Von... I just don't need you coming here and making a scene."

Kaliyah chuckled.

"Mann hell naw. You ashamed of me a'sum? Yo coworkers ain't a fan of me?"

He continued to question. Kaliyah playfully rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't you have work to do, Von? A studio session to attend? A concert you gotta perform?"

She teased, giving him a smirk. She could see his face drop to a frown, just before he picked up his phone to get a better look at her.

"Is you serious, Kaliyah."

He muttered.

"I'm just saying. There's no reason for you to be coming here. You can see me later if you want to when I'm free."