Chapter 31

As promised, here's another chapter for you beautiful readers 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Enjoy 🩷

Chicago, IL📍Monday, December 12th7pm

Chicago, IL📍
Monday, December 12th
7pm

"So, Dayvon. Kaliyah tells me you're a music artist."

Lorenzo spoke, striking up that long awaited conversation with Von. The two were currently seated in the living room of Stacia's home.

For starters, the 2-story home was crowded with plenty of Leilani's family members that flew in from out of town for the graduation. It seemed like this graduation dinner was slowly turning into more of a party instead. Music was being played throughout the house, while the smell of food circulated the air.

Upon arriving, the girls all decided that it'd be a good idea to help Stacia in the kitchen, while the men did what they did best which was lounge around and wait patiently for dinner to be ready.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that."

Von responded, trying to sound as humble as possible.

"You guess? Correct me if Im wrong, but your music has been charting almost every single year. Thats something to definitely be proud of."

Lorenzo pointed.

He almost sounded like a proud father, which made Von feel slightly at ease. Dayvon had always pictured Kaliyah's dad to be one of those types of father's that heavily judged whatever man his daughter was involved with, in an attempt to scare them away. Von was definitely ready for all the smoke, but he instead was receiving the complete opposite of that.

Lorenzo seemed like a genuine, stand up guy. He was soft spoken, and clearly cared immensely about Kaliyah. There wasn't a single judgey bone in his body at all. Dayvon could see right off the bat that Lorenzo only wanted to see Kaliyah happy.

"I've looked you up and listened to some of your songs. I will say, the rap music I listened to back in the day is nothing compared to what you young folks are doing now."