A Trip To Yesterday Pt. 3

More than eight months had passed and Yuna was now almost full term. She often visited me, spent afternoons at our humble abode. She would say she missed the scent of the wood with which the house was carved out. My wife would cook her tofu stew, her favourite and she would devour it like there's no tomorrow.

Namjoon's Father: Does Min-woo not feed you, Yuna?
Yuna: He does. But I love it when eonnie cooks for me.
Father: Have you decided on a name yet?
Yuna: Not really. I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl.
Father: Does Min-woo prefer a boy?
Yuna: He just prefers me not hurting during child birth. He is a bit too intense.
Father: He does want this with you, right?
Yuna: Yes, oppa. Don't worry, we are.. In a good place together. He is learning to be a bit more considerate. You know how he gets.
Father: That is exactly what concerns me.
Yuna: Enough about me. What about you? When am I going to become an aunt?
Father: When God wills it for you.
Yuna: I just hope it's not too late for me the-
Father: Why would you say that?
Yuna: Huh? No. Nothing. I meant I'd love for our kids to be born at the same time so they can share the kind of bond we do.
Father: It will be fine, Yuna. Your eonnie still gets shy.
Yuna: I think it's you who gets shy. Hahaha. But seriously, oppa. If you need any help with the doctors or tests, let me know.
Father: I know you will not let it be so, sure. I will talk with your eonnie. If she's comfortable only then I'll take you up on your offer.
Yuna: Oppa? You remember the boy at the mansion?
Father: Toshiro?
Yuna: Yes. I think his mother is soon to visit us.
Father: And that is concerning how?
Yuna: I think the visit is going to be more than just a mother-son union. I heard Min-woo speak to one of his men and the conversation wasn't comforting.
Father: How so?
Yuna: There's been movement in the Ulsan area, and I think the Yakuza-
Father: Don't. Say their name.
Yuna: I just know it's them. They're not done with the Hans.
Father: Have you spoken to Min-woo about it?
Yuna: I will, soon.
Father: Do it sooner, Yuna. For your child's sake.

She left right after Min-woo came to pick her up. He did seem a bit more aloof than usual. I could see he caught on to Yuna's concern, it was all over her face and quite frankly mine too.

-------

The Han Mansion

That Night

Yuna was sorting her clothes in the wardrobe when Min-woo walked out after allowing the water wash away the day off of him. He walked up to her and placed his arms under her growing belly and slightly lifted it up. She immediately stopped doing what she was doing and covered his arms with her hands and leaned her head over his shoulders, taking in all the relief she was feeling as Min-woo lifted the weight of the baby from her lower abdomen. He stood there holding the bottom of her pregnant belly with his face nestled in the crook of her neck. He breathed in her lavender scent and relished it. She smiled and asked him.

Yuna: Where did you learn how to do that?
Min-woo: I know a thing or two about pregnant women.
Yuna: Really, Min-ssi? You speak with experience or something?
Min-woo: Not that I had any of them.
Yuna: Knowing you, you probably do. (Giggles)
Min-woo: Don't tease me, Han Yuna. Just be thankful for the tips I am taking from the midwife. (Bites her earlobe)
Yuna: That hurt.
Min-woo: Sorry-
Yuna: Don't be. I- I liked it.
Min-woo: Then I am at your service.

He took her hand and took them to their bed. There he laid on it placed Yuna on top of him. He'd been making her straddle him, ride him for the past five months only to make sure he doesn't crush the baby under him while they make love. Yuna was very shy at first but he eased her into it. Han Min-woo was a very different man to her. He was nothing what he was towards other women of their world. He was very direct and stiff with them. He didn't need to be cool or comfortable like other married mafia lords were with women other than their wives. He was loyal to her and no other could make him sway his affections. Not that there weren't any efforts made by the women from the underworld. But all they ever got from him was disappointment. Many had their fathers try to convince Min-woo for marital alliances but he just wasn't interested not when he had handpicked this woman for himself. It was like she almost dropped in his lap, he still felt butterflies thinking about the day he first met her. Elegant and graceful in every move she made. Strong and resolute in her stance. The way she let that hot milk burn her skin only to save a boy she had nothing to do with. And how intelligently she deduced the boy to be Japanese without him mentioning his quintessentially Japanese name. She told him it was his eyes that made her deduce he was from Nihong.