Right Person, Wrong Time Pt. 1

Jungkook's Residence

Jungkook's POV

It had been almost two weeks but to him, they felt like a century without her. Waiting for her, patiently. In all this wait, Jungkook realized he was indeed deeply in love with Y/N. She was like that last mystery he so desperately needed to solve. She kept unnaturally calm, intuitively alarmed and to a larger extent, rather calculating as well. He recalled seeing her shift under the shower that day. It was so openly uncharacteristic of her to scoff at him like that. Like Han Min-woo. That was the first time he saw that man in her eyes. Fuck. If anything, Han Y/N was only like her mother in looks and wit but in nature, she most definitely shone Han Min-woo in her orbs. He didn't want to admit to himself that Y/N was more his daughter in traits – which made her stubborn, arrogant and to his dismay... vengeful. If this is the case, then Y/N was now free to exact her revenge. This would mean she would go after everyone who wronged her.

That did explain the old woman she ruthlessly ripped apart in front of Rex.

Yes, Rex did tell him in his drunken state how Y/N just thrusted a rusty old iron rod inside the ahjumma. In his words, "Lady Jeon tore the old woman apart until her innards were scraped off."

Jungkook didn't believe him at first. He thought Rex was exaggerating but he wasn't like Ali or Max. He too, like Namjoon, was a man of few words. Few but words that hit the mark. What ever did the ahjumma do to make Y/N end her like that?

What she did to Han Min-woo wasn't such a riddle. He hated her all his life, she just returned the favour. Actually, Y/N's mother did that for her and him, in a way.

He just couldn't sit another minute without her being in front of him. He just needed to see her. So, he decided to bring her home to him at all costs. With that decided, Jungkook stood up from his daybed in the terrace of his room. He stepped inside his bedroom to get freshen up and get his woman back. She had enough time to think whatever it was she was thinking. She can do all of that and more of sky gazing here, in this house, with him.

-------

Han Min-woo's Residence

Min-woo's POV

It was finally peaceful. Everything fell into place. He spent most of his days in the confines of his study, staring at the spot where he saw her for the first time. He delved in that tranquility and still of the memory. When he should be burning Jungkook's world down, Min-woo simply receded into the embrace of his defeat by the hands of his beloved. It gave him a certain sense of relief. Indeed, it was no less psychotic of him but knowing it was his Yuna who orchestrated his debacle, brought him pleasure.

It was then that he heard the heavy door to his study open. The steady footsteps tickled his ears, his eyes followed the flat pumps that walked in and halted in the exact same spot where Yuna's feet had grounded themselves so many years ago. He trailed his gaze up to meet Y/N's face. A dead ringer for his wife. His eyes widen as his dilated pupils took in her image.

It was her.

It was Yuna.

Y/N: You're alone.
Min-woo: You're not her.
Y/N: No. I'm not.

Y/N walks in closer to his desk and stands before him. He simply looks at her and smirks.

Min-woo: You must be satisfied.
Y/N: With?
Min-woo: With winning it all.
Y/N: I was never looking for victory. It was never mine to have.
Min-woo: Then?
Y/N: Your acceptance. That is all I had ever looked for.
Min-woo: I thought you'd say something as futile as love.
Y/N: Love is not futile.
Min-woo: What makes you so sure?
Y/N: You. And the state you're in. It's all because of love.
Min-woo: You played well.
Y/N: I did want to play, with my father... When I was a child.
Min-woo: Why are you here?
Y/N: To see if the man sitting in front of me, is my father in him somewhere or?
Min-woo: He's not. He never was. He never will be.
Y/N: In that case, will you allow me one last leniency?
Min-woo: Hmm.