Luna's birthday

It was currently the day before valentines day. Hermione had been acting weird and it was luna's birthday.

Draco walked into the hallway and into the library, where he sat down at his usual seat. Hermione was nowhere to be seen. it was strange sitting at the table by himself he chose to ignore it.

Instead, he focused on the fact that it was his cousins birthday. Luna would be turning 13. Draco had found a present for her already. It was a butterfly clip with Jules hanging off of it. it was all blue, her favorite color and the color of her house.

He had already put it in the box and wrapped up the present. He was just waiting until later to present it to her.

He stayed in the library for a few hours, getting some studying in and he had to admit that it was quite boring without the Gryffindor girl with him she would normally keep him company. Although they never really talked, it was nice to have somebody with him.

So he opened his books on WereWolfs and got to reading essentially ignoring everybody else in the room.

It was still early in the morning when he finished reading and closed the book. He decided it would be a good idea to go find Luna and bring her the present. he walked back into the dungeons and into the Slytherin house. then into his share, dorm room, and reach for the present underneath his pillow.

He was about to walk out the room, and Theo suddenly stopped him. " do you have any plans for Valentine's Day Draco?" The boy asked.

" I don't Theo why do you ask?"

" I was only wondering because I was pretty sure nobody else was going to have a date either and I just wanted to see if you would."

" well do you have a date? what about that boy Lee Jordan? are you going to ask him?" Theo's face got red clearly embarrassed about the statement Draco made.

He started a reply  " of course not I'm not stupid enough to embarrass myself like that."

Draco thought for a moment before speaking  "what do you mean by stupid enough you don't think he'd go with you? I think he'd be more than lucky to have someone like you ask him."

Theo rolled his eyes  looking down at the package and Draco's hand. " who's that for?"  the brunette asked.

Draco shrugged " Today is my cousin's birthday. I decided to get her a gift." Theo seem satisfied with the answer, and left him to leave the room. Draco wondered if his friends really weren't going to have dates this Valentine's Day and decided that he would ask them later.

Right now he needed to focus on his cousin. He walked through the halls of Hogwarts. then, was suddenly stopped by a familiar, bushy haired girl.

Hermione took a look at the gift in his hands and spoke  "Is that for your valentines?" Draco couldn't help but snort. Everyone seemed quite interested in Valentine's Day this year. He didn't remember all the commotion last time or perhaps it was different because if he needed a date, he would always just ask his friend pansy.

Draco answered her  "no this is for my cousin, the one you met before break Luna it's her birthday." Hermione nodded to confirm that she did in fact, remember.

" yes Luna Lovegood she was quite lovely may I go with you to wish her a happy birthday?"

Draco smiled at the girl  "of course I know how much she'd appreciate it. Luna is quite fond of you. She thinks you're very smart. quite a brilliant witch."

Hermione beamed at the words show always seem to enjoy the compliment when involved, how smart she was. Draco knew she put in a lot of work to all the projects and homework she did. He also knew that she deserved every 100 she got. for she really was one of the smartest which is in the year and even in the school.