Almost the end of the year

Draco wasn't sure if anybody had found the missing rat yet. Hermione and Weasley still seemed to be on bad terms. While Draco and his friends seem to be stronger than ever.

There was far less fighting going on in the Slytherin house. It was almost the end of the year with maybe a week to go. Exams were coming soon. Draco had been studying more than he ever had before. There was no way he can fail he had already taken these test.

So he wasn't 100% sure about defense against the dark arts. He really didn't want to face a Boggart.

He was determined to either be above Hermione or right at her level. He knew she studied hard, but he had the upper hand this time. He didn't want to take away her success, but he had nothing else. No Quidditch and nobody to tease. He was bored, hoping that something would happen. Nothing seem to happen though.

He found out quite a few things, but he didn't know before, such as his friends crush's which he didn't catch the first time around.

In fact, Draco found it quite funny who Theo had a crush on. He also felt like he should have notice who  pansy liked. Then Blaise had caught him completely off guard. Draco realized how he had never noticed though. His friend were very good at hiding there feelings.

Draco had to walk to Severus's room quarters. He need to speak to his godfather about Weasley's rat Scabbers. He didn't want to pretend like he didn't know anymore. He needed to tell somebody. Severus seemed like the perfect person to tell. Draco trusted him with his life. He knew he didn't like Sirius Black, but he love Draco so he had to help him.

He didn't bother knocking on the doors, just opening them, and stepping through. His godfather looked up at him when he entered.

Draco sat down in front of him.  He was currently working on a potion which he knew was for professor Lupin. He had seen his godfathers supply on the ingredients run low all year.

"more wolfsbane?" Draco asked his godfather

He's godfather raised an eyebrow at him the most surprise he would show "and how do you know that this is wolfsbane?"

"because I'm smart obviously. How else would I know?" Draco had asked

His godfather looked him in the eyes  "I've been told by Madam Pince that you have been checking out quite a few books about werewolves. That could be a possible reason to why you know how wolfsbane is made."

Draco bit his lip of course, his godfather would figure it out. Draco was horrible at lying to him, so he started on the truth. that's what he came down here to tell him anyway. " Severus can I tell you something?"

" of course what is it?" His godfather asked

"well, I already know that professor lupin is a werewolf so I know that's why you're making wolfsbane for him. I also know that there's somebody running around here an old friend of Sirius blacks. you may know him, Peter Pettigrew."

He watched as Severus's mouth fell open. "what makes you so sure of that?" he was asked.

"I heard my father talking about it. He said that Peter Pettigrew was alive. He also said that he was working for the dark Lord and that he was the potters secret keeper."

Severus clearly didn't know any of these things.  He stood up abruptly, grabbing Draco by my arm and hauling him up. " your father said these things?"

Draco nodded  his father had mentioned at one point that Peter Pettigrew was the one that actually gotten the potters killed but his aunt Bellatrix was the one that's had told him everything else.

" where is Peter Pettigrew right now? do you know?"

"No, I don't know where he is? But he was here he's an Animagus a rat. literally he's the Weasley family rat. Scabbers. I heard father talking about it. brought up how he was in hiding. Weasley's rat is missing his toe. that's all they found of Peter Pettigrew. Father said he was certain that it was him."