How to become an Animagus

After the Yule ball Draco decided he was going to become an Animagus. Draco got the mandrake leave and held it in his mouth. Yay it made talking a bit more difficult but he managed.

He would have plenty of time before the second task. None of his friends questioned him and he was thankful. They would talk to him and he would just nod. It felt weird to talk with the leave in his mouth.

Harry had been avoiding him since they kissed and honestly Draco was upset about it. He wouldn't even make eye contact with Draco in the potions room or in the great hall. If they passed each other in the hall sometimes Harry  would walk the other way just so he wouldn't be near Draco.

The first time he did that Draco punched a wall so hard that he ended up in Severus's room with a bandaged hand and tears in his eyes. It stung and he was not doing that again.

His godfather scolded him and Draco sat there and pouted. He always made Draco feel a bit dumb.

It felt like forever before the thirty days was up. He made the potion and said the indication making it out of the abandoned classroom when Harry caught him.

"Draco can I talk to you?" Draco wanted to tell him to shove off and then punch him in the face. He had been ghosted. That's what Hermione called it.

"Why. Suddenly we can talk?"  Draco replied snappily.

Harry looked guilty "I thought you might be mad." He said glumly

"Mad about what Potter? Be more blunt."

Harry mumbled something before speaking clearly. "About me kissing you."

"I told you to kiss me why would I be mad about that? What goes through that head of your potter?" Draco questioned now fully annoyed

"Well you don't have to be rude."

"I'm not being rude I'm asking a simple question. Perhaps you were the one who didn't want to kiss potter." Draco hoped that wasn't true. He knew that would hurt a lot more than punching a wall.

Potter walked closer. "That's not true I wanted to kiss you. I want to kiss you right now." He said his voice was steady which surprised Draco. He blinked at the green eyes boy. Before he could answer though a voice was coming from near them. One Draco recognized all to well.

"Malfoy what do you think your doing to him step away."  Mad eye moody's wand was raised right at him. He was going to turn him into a ferret.

Then Harry was stepping in front of him. "Sir we were just talking."

His face scrunched up "well then watch yourself Malfoy aren't very trustworthy they like to lie." And with that he shoved his wand away and walked off.

"I'm sorry Draco really. I don't want you to be mad at me." Harry said as if he didn't just hear what was said about him.

"I'm not Harry clam down. I forgive you for being stupid." Harry laughed a bit not even offended that Draco called him stupid.

It was storming outside and Draco was running to the class were his potion was stored. The second he heard the thunder he ran. He swallowed the potion down. It tasted strange. 

Draco felt himself shift. When he was done he found the mirror that was hidden inside the room. Staring back at him was a white cat.