The yule ball

The Yule ball was happening soon. Draco figured everyone might go with there dates from last time but he wasn't so sure anymore.

What is a lot different from the first time is the fact that the Gryffindors and Slytherins just got out of potions when all the sudden fireworks started going off. They spelled out will you be my date to the Yule ball in green.

Standing there was Lee Jordan and the Weasley twins who set off the fireworks. Draco turned his attention to his friend Theo. He was redder than the Gryffindor robes but had a big smile on his face.

It seemed like everyone else realized who it was for and they all were looking at Theo waiting for his answer.

"Y-yes I would love to." Theo said Draco had never seen his friend so flustered Lee Jordan threw his hands in the air.

"He said yes!" After shouting that more fireworks went off and the Weasley twins started yelling. Draco couldn't help but laugh at his friend's reaction and he noticed Blaise was laughing as well while Pansy was having a coughing fit.

So now one of the Slytherins had a date. They were sitting in the great hall and Theo couldn't look more happy. "Who are you going with Pansy?" Blaise asked

"No one yet but there is someone I would like to ask. What about you Blaise?" Pansy answered

"There is definitely someone I wish would ask me. A certain Gryffindor named Neville Longbottom." Blaise said while glancing over to the Gryffindor table were the boy was currently at.

"Well ok then. What about you Draco?" Gregory asked turning away from his food.

"Oh well I don't think I'm going to go." He heard Vince choke and Theo snapped his head towards him while Blaise stopped staring at Neville.

"If a dates an issue we can help you find someone." Pansy said quickly

"No I just don't know if I want to go."

"Well why not." Pansy asked

"Is it because of potter?" Theo questioned

"Why would this be about Potter?" Draco asked

"Well the two of you have been sneaking off for a while now we just kind of thought you might be dating." Blaise told him truthfully

"Your crazy" Draco snorted "potter does not like me like that he never will."

"Really because if you ask me he seems a lot more than just a bit obsessed with you." Theo told him

"Well it's a good thing I didn't ask you then." Draco said snappily before going back to his food.

He was in the library with Neville trying to give him some helpful hints about asking Blaise to the Yule ball but they were all going above his head. Draco wanted to smack him.

"You have a date for the Yule ball yet?" Finnigan asked while flopping down in a chair across from them. Thomas and Lavender following.

"Yay I'm curious to know who your taking Malfoy." Lavender teased

"No one I'm not going." Draco told the four of them earning strange looks

"What why not?" Finnigan asked confusion written all over his face

"I just don't want to but what about you guys?" He asked in turn

"Oh for the love of Merlin you'll never guess who I asked to the Yule ball." Lavender waved her hands around while talking.

"Who?" Draco asked excitedly he was actually quite curious as to who she got.

"Parvati Patil." She told him. Draco felt his jaw drop when she said it. He was certain that she was the one Potter went with.

"You look really surprised Malfoy." Thomas said

"I just wasn't expecting that. Good for you though. Who are you taking Thomas?" He really hoped the boy didn't say Ginny Weasley. It was so obvious that Finnigan had feelings for him.

"Well I actually asked Seamus." He told him looking at the table instead of anyone.

Draco actually jumped out of his seat and hugged the boy catching him completely off guard. "I'm so glad you finally realized. It was horrible watching you get jealous of everyone he ever talked to."

Finnigan went red but was laughing at what he had said. "Ok fine yes I was bad about that. Doesn't mean you need to point it out."

"Now are only issue is getting Neville a date." Finnigan said everyone's eyes turning to him while Neville blushed. "Anyone you want to ask?"

Neville cleared his throat and glanced over at Draco sending the wrong message to Lavender who looked like her eyes were going to fall out of her head. "Well I was wanting to ask your friend." Neville told Draco

"Really! Blaise? Please tell me it's Blaise I've been trying to hint to you that he liked you." Draco said hurriedly

Neville shook his head and blushed more. "Do you think you could help me ask him?"

"Of course I can let's go right now." With that Finnigan, Lavender, and Thomas whistled as the left the library.

Draco explains to Neville that Blaise would prefer something small and sweet which Neville seemed to like a lot more than doing something like Lee Jordan did.

So her Draco was watching Neville walk over to Blaise with a bouquet of beautiful red Amaryllis.

Draco heard Blaise say yes and in all honesty Draco was certain that both boys were glad no one else was there. They both seemed to be a little shy about that stuff.

Draco started clapping and he scared Blaise. Who looked over at him like he was crazy. Draco gave him a thumbs up and winked at him.