Chapter 2

When Shirou, Rin, and Faust entered the clinic, they found Rin releasing her latest patient.

"Please, we're already here. Can you heal my children?" The man begged while huddling his three kids towards Rin.

"Sir, we cannot fully cure Oripathy from your bodies. They are too ingrained into cells and will kill if forcefully removed. The best we can do is reduce it to stage 1." She tried to explain.

"Are you sure? Please, their infection is only recent. If I didn't fall so ill, then they wouldn't have had to take care of me and contracted Oripathy. M-my wife died from Oripathy years ago, I don't want to lose them too!" He begged.

"Papa...it's fine." The eldest whispered while pulling him back.

"I cannot do much anymore for you...but maybe this will help you for a while." Rin opened the safe behind the receptionist's desk and pulled out a wad of cash. Usually, the amount distributed to each patient was 100 LMD, but for families, 500 LMD was the agreed amount.

The man fell on his knees while shaking as he accepted the money. It had been the most they'd held ever since he lost his job.

"If your Oripathy reaches stage 2, please come back and we will treat you once again."

"T-thank you...thank you!"

Shirou and his group moved aside while the family of four left through the entrance. Faust had watched the entire exchange and it only solidified his opinion on them.

They needed to be convinced to support the Reunion's goal.

"About time you two came back. Sakura, I thought I told you to stop Shirou from making impulsive decisions." Rin crossed her arms while shooting a glance at the newcomer.

"I didn't"

"I did."

Huh?

"It was Sakura who did it this time." Shirou deadpanned at his companion.

Sakura scratched her head while smiling embarrassedly.

Rin blinked at her sister.

"You can't be serious. Then what's the reason they're here?" She gestured to Faust with a nod of her head. "I thought we were supposed to avoid them."

"Pardon me, it was my order." Faust admitted. "I saw a commotion slowly growing in the queue. If my men didn't step in, people would be fighting in line."

"...so Shirou had nothing to do with it?"

Faust looked at the only male in the staff, mentally noting down their identities. Rin was the bossy one, Shirou the so-called impulsive one, and Sakura seemed like a quiet person. Quite the group they made.

"None at all."

"I see...are you trying to gain our favor? We don't owe you for your help. I would've simply threatened the people fighting that I would not treat them." Rin grilled the newcomer. "I recognize structure and training when I see it."

"It's nothing compared to what you've done for these people."

Reunion's included was left unsaid. Rin was against treating rebels but Shirou advised that turning them away would only send a message to the other infected that they were picking who to treat.

That would quickly backfire on them if rumors spread.

"...right."

Despite how many years Rin has been with Shirou and Sakura, the girl still refused to show her soft side. Deep down she also cared, but her magus upbringing wouldn't allow her to show her real emotions.