Chapter 17

=== CHERNOBOG ===

Nearl didn't push the issue after dinner.

The walk back to prison was a quiet one. Nearl ambled ahead of Shirou, she was visibly relaxed after a day outside of the prison. Who wouldn't? The Kuranta had been locked in her cell for nearly two weeks. Walking out and about would've felt nice.

That reminded him...

"I know you have the entire city and all...so could we stop by a building?" Shirou asked one of the guards.

Their eyes narrowed at him.

"It's not for me. Her cell smells so I need her to take a bath. She hasn't been outside ever since the Reunion captured Chernobog." Not that he was any better. Shirou's last bath was the night before the Reunion's invasion. He was just lucky that FrostNova froze him a few days earlier. He basically took a bath when they melted him out of the ice.

Not that she smelled bad, but Shirou wasn't going to point that out.

He'd be called a creep if he mentioned anything about Nearl's scent.

Shirou decided to stop that line of thought dead in the water.

"You guys wouldn't mind if I ask for a bucket of water too?"

The guards looked at each other.

"I'll trade for food...?" Shirou offered.

"..."

"..."

"..."

These guys weren't falling for itl. Seems like Shirou wasn't going to change their mi-

"On one condition."

...nevermind.

"Please have The Radiant Knight sign these."

Radiant Knight?

A few of the Reunion members pulled out possessions to Shirou's confusion.

"What Radiant Knight?" He voiced his confusion.

Shirou noticed the small correlation between the Reunion members who took out some of their belongings.

They were all Kuranta.

"You don't know?"

"...no?"

"You've never heard of the Kazimierz Major?"

"Didn't really check it out..." Shirou had skipped over most of the entertainment side of things while he was browsing through information about Terra back when they were dropped into the world. He was more interested in ongoing events and major powers.

A few of the Kuranta glared at him.

"You don't know who she is, don't you?"

"...I don't." Shirou conceded. "She's someone famous isn't she?"

If they could, their glares would've melted him on the spot.

"She's The Radiant Knight. Two time champion of the Kazimierz Major before her exile."

"Ahh, I see."

Nearl did mention about her being exiled from her homeland for her own protection earlier. So maybe there was some truth in their words.

"You don't know how important the Kazimierz Major is, don't you?"

No he didn't.

"It was a combat tournament. The biggest in Kazimierz." Shirou guessed.