Chapter 3

In Lungmen city, a certain event was taking place.

Thanks to the Lungmen Guard Department, nights in Lungmen were peaceful. Under the tranquil dark sky, people relished leisure, entertainment, and safety.

But for the LGD, business went on as usual.

In a certain warehouse district, a silent battle was being fought.

Shots lit up the darkness as a firefight waged on. Across each other, two women hid behind cover as bullets pelted their position.

From sound alone, both sides clearly employed silencers, making sure that their fight wouldn't be heard by civilians. While the noise was lower than usual, the blinding flashes and direction of gunfire marked the positions of the hidden combatants.

Glances were exchanged and a silent conversation took place. Once the gunfire weakened, the leader of the operation signed for the soldiers behind them to strafe the enemy. A small window of opportunity was opened- which the LGD forces took. While two groups provided cover fire, two forward teams flanked in the cover of darkness. Maneuvering around the darkness of the supply depot, the two flanking groups closed around the remaining mercenaries.

When the support teams retreated into cover, the mercenaries opened fire in their direction. Once the attention was away from them, the flanking teams pounced.

Ch'en jumped in behind the mercenaries. The distraction was enough for her to close in and start engaging the enemies in melee. The head of the Special Inspection Unit smashed fist first straight through the mercenary ranks, buying time for the rest of the two teams to catch up. In their midst, Ch'en swung around her sheathed sword and knocked the guns away from their hands. She was quickly reinforced when a girl wielding a triangular shield rammed into the backs of three enemies and flattened them on the ground.

"Hoshi, behind you!" Ch'en warned.

Hoshiguma twisted around and brought her shield to bear as the mercenary behind her swung his sword down. A loud clang erupted between shield and sword, then he was kicked aside by another LGD task force member. The last two teams reached them after half a minute of chaos and the regrouped task force put down the mercenaries.

"Threat neutralized. Send in the rest." Hoshiguma reported.

The LGD forces locking down the construction warehouse quickly moved in to secure the rest of the facility. In a matter of minutes, the place was scoured and the hired guns arrested.

Soon, a large man was brought to Ch'en. Dressed in a suit, smelling of cigar, and carrying an exquisite cane, it was no question who he was.

"This is your only chance to speak with me before I send you to interrogation so I suggest you speak wisely." Ch'en glared at the rich warehouse manager.

The man didn't answer.

"No? You're not going to explain why hired mercenaries fired on us after we asked to investigate the establishment?"

"You can't stop us."

Ch'en raised an eyebrow.

"Arrest him. I want to know everything he knows! Have the mercenaries interrogated too. Just in case they know something."

The guards holding the man saluted then pulled him away in the direction of the security transport.

"This is a large warehouse. It's going to take a day or two to go through it all." Hoshiguma noted.

The building was huge. Plus, it contained a lot of material. The offices were being raided and the records collected. The location had been marked and all connected corporations, establishments, and customers scouted.