Chapter 14

=== LUNGMEN ===

Late afternoon on the same day.

Kal'tsit and a few Rhodes Island operators stood waiting at the designated meeting point.

"Are we really leaving Amiya out of this?" The Doctor whispered to Kal'tsit while they waited.

"Amiya is busy meeting other suppliers, Doctor. We're just receiving a new batch of medical equipment."

Officially, anyway. Kal'tsit had informed Rin through her weird bird carrier to bring their objective after the medical equipment arrived. If the LGD became suspicious, then it would be all too simple to explain that their extended stay at the rented warehouse was for Kal'tsit and Rhodes Island to inspect the equipment delivered. She was one of Terra's greatest doctors after all. It was well within expectations for her to personally check the merchandise.

The sound of trucks arriving outside the rented warehouse moved Rhodes Island into action. Two operators sent by the Columbian PMC organization Blacksteel Worldwide opened the warehouse doors and allowed the trucks to reverse into the bay area. Each truck carried one medical instrument due to how large they were. A team of experts slowly unloaded each machine in front of Rhodes Island. Once they were finished, Kal'tsit signed the paperwork on the delivery. The delivery team boarded their trucks and left quickly.

"Franka, Liskarm, Guard. Help me setup each machine. We're going to test them."

Kal'tsit started directing the operators while she prepared the first of the instruments. It would be slow on the first one, but they should considerably improve on speed once they knew what to do for the second and third machines.

In the middle of setting up the equipment, a new group arrived.

"Hello-!" A Sankta carrying a sleeping child waved as she walked in from a side entrance. A grey-haired Lupo and blue-haired Sarkaz followed behind her.

"Huh? Why are-?" One of the operators voiced his confusion while the others quickly reached for their firearms.

"Stand down, everyone." Kal'tsit stopped the Rhodes Island team from bearing their arms on the unknown arrivals.

Another trio appeared a few moments after the first group. Just like them, they also carried sleeping children.

Kal'tsit looked over the new arrivals and crossed the faces she didn't recognize. The children were also deducted from the options which meant-

"Misha?" Kal'tsit looked at the grey-haired girl carrying one of the children. The girl's eyes widened when her name was called.

"Y-yes?" She answered hesitantly.

"...I see." Kal'tsit's gaze moved over to the sisters. "I was not aware there were children."

"They are with Misha. We couldn't leave them behind." Rin explained. Misha shrinked as she realized that her demands to bring the children had consequences.

"Kal'tsit? W-what's going on-" The Doctor shut his mouth when the green-haired feline shot him a look.

"What do we do with them?" It was clear what Kal'tsit was asking.

"Misha agreed to come along as long as we keep the children under protection. Rhodes Island is more than capable of taking them in."

"The LGD will have questions. Rhodes Island does not have a history of taking in employees who bring no particular skill set." It would threaten the cover they had.