Chapter 18

=== PENGUIN LOGISTICS ===

"What...what did you just do?" Emperor asked when Mostima handed the phone back to him.

"I think we just screwed up." She admitted casually.

"Screwed up what?"

"Our mission."

"Fuuckk..." Fiammetta groaned loudly while rubbing her face. She knew it was a gamble to approach the doctors aggressively. "So, we know they aren't exactly on friendly terms with Lungmen."

"Seems like it." Mostima agreed. "They were adamant on stealing Misha away from the LGD."

"Do you know why?" Fiammetta asked.

"Not really. We only know they were working together with Rhodes Island because they met up after we took the girl and kids out of the slums."

"If the doctors don't want to meet with us, then how about we go meet Rhodes Island?" Fiammetta argued. "They were willing to talk with us the other day."

"I don't think that'd work a second time. They thought I was just another Penguin Logistics member until we met them again." Rhodes Island would be suspicious of her now. Especially when she was a Laterano representative that appeared with LGD's chief at their doorstep.

"Then what other options do we have?" Fiammetta grumbled as she leaned against the wall.

"Oi! You just potentially lost us two paying clients!" Emperor grumbled. "How are you going to compensate us? We're supposed to be a trusted logistics company! How will clients trust us if we're going around compromising deliveries! We don't deal in information you know!"

"Woah- so you can also drop the accent when you're serious, boss." Mostima smiled at him.

"WHY YOU-!" The smaller penguin whaled angrily on the fallen Sankta.

Texas took it all in stride. This kind of chaos was normal when considering where she was working. Normal logic didn't really apply to Penguin Logistics.

That said...

"I agree with the boss here. What you're doing is putting Penguin Logistics at risk. We don't dabble in information and subterfuge. Accepting our client's job from yesterday led us down this hole." Texas looked at Mostima. "You're going to have to explain what's going on to us."

"I'm afraid we can't-"

"If you want answers, then you'll have to work for us." Fiammetta interrupted her partner.

"Fiammeta what are you-" Mostima's eyes widened.

"I will hire Penguin Logistics to help us find Doctor Rin and Sakura." Fiammetta looked Texas in the eyes. "You will only find out if you accept our commission."

"Isn't this a national-"

"Will we be protected? You're putting us in danger by involving us further." Texas stared back.

"You are already involved whether you want to or not. We know that you're connected to Rhodes Island and the doctors, who are both working against the LGD." Fiammetta pointed out.

The threat that they could leak the information to the LGD was left unsaid.

"Fia-"

"Deal. I'll take the job, as long as you don't hire any of the others." Texas closed her eyes.

"Texas, you don't have to!" Emperor growled. "I'm not allowing you to throw yourself off the deep end. Not even I can protect you if Wei Yenwu really considers this a danger to Lungmen."