Chapter 6

One month after Shirou started his foray into Chernobog's underworld. Roughly six months since the trio's arrival in Terra.

...

The night wind breezed past the lone individual positioned atop the building.

Cool, silent, and peaceful.

The opposite of the individual's intention.

Shirou's reinforced eyesight- better than any sniper scope- followed his target several kilometers away.

The black steel bow in his hands glinted in the moonlight. To avoid leaving any tracks, Shirou resorted to summoning the iconic weapon to his side rather than purchasing one. Apparently, guns were rare in Terra. Purchasing a sniper rifle would've drawn interest to him immediately.

Especially when the number of untraceable assassinations started increasing in the past month. So far, the only identifiable trait was that each target had been eliminated with an arrow straight through the middle of the head. Not even the projectile used to kill could be found on the scene.

Once again, Shirou was using his abilities to cheat the system.

He calmly pulled the bow back. It took some effort, but the steel bow needed it. It needed to pack as much power into the small arrow if Shirou wanted it to succeed.

The first arrow flew true. So did the following ten arrows.

One by one, the slave traffickers fell.

Shirou used ten arrows, enough for all twelve targets.

Shirou waited for the exact opportunity, shooting the first arrow to kill three targets once they lined up together. The rest was a matter of cleaning up before they escaped.

It was almost child's play.

Another slave trafficking ring's leaders- eliminated.

Shirou allowed the steel bow to disperse into ambient energy, particles of light disappearing off into the night. He turned around and walked down from the roof deck several kilometers from his target.

Earth or Terra, it was all the same.

Slave trafficking was one of Shirou's most despised markets.

.

.

.

"Shirou, aren't you being too obvious about it?" Rin asked while opening the morning newspaper.

The headlines were about another collapsed slave ring discovered a day after his assassination.

"Rin, I don't care." Shirou answered while finishing up the breakfast he was cooking. "As long as nobody can trace it back to me, then we're fine. I've done this for a whole month now."

Once Shirou had a grasp on the Chernobog underworld, the vigilante quickly activated his Emiya family talent and began beheading slave rings. At first, the slave trade continued but his continued efforts ultimately won. Slowly but surely, replacements stopped coming. Upcoming criminals who wanted to take over the slave business stopped. Word spread that the position was being hunted down by an unknown group.

Shirou didn't know what to think of it. He wasn't proud of his murders- but for the underworld to consider his skill the work of an entire team was humorous.

For a world that had its own magic, the people still stuck to realistic expectations.

"Shirou, just be careful." Sakura pouted worriedly.