01. Chapter one

' COWARDLY

' COWARDLY . . . '
──a one piece fanfiction
created / edited
09.11.23

  ooo. ever since i could remember- i could hear lots of things, from the sound of wind blowing in another part of a house, to even the sound of someone crying from a mile away, i could still hear them, even their deepest feelings, that is what i knew of my mother. My mother... i was belived to be a mama's girl, even if she would often shove me away, she also craved for my love, and would hold me when i would cry.

I never did understand her though... i still craved for any love she did give me, she loved me just... differently i guess... I don't really remember much about her, since she disappeared one day, and never came back, i do remember her sound, her sound was like a broken den-den mushi that doesn't play it exactly how it should sound like- yet it would hold softness and care at some points, i would remember the soft sounds she'd make if i played my biwa correctly, after all, i was raised in a not so rich household.

i did know that my biwa is the only expensive thing i was able to have without my father taking it and exchanging it for beri in order to be able to gamble.  Though eventually its stung broke and due to how much it would cost to repair it, my father took it away, even as i cried and clinged onto it- resulting him harshly kicking me in the cheek where i still clinged onto it, reslulting him continusly kicking me until my face was black and blue.

And in the end he got it and sold it, and i had cried many tears because of such thing. So While my mother was strange but would be able to show her love, and would have sounds of sweetness- just... her sound wasn't perfect, but then it comes to my father... he was not so nice- his sound was scratchy and ugly, almost like his face. Something that was something opposite of how i think, i remember what my mother's face looked like... at least from what i can remember her, though its hard to figure it out. I do remember my mother telling me that one day, i'll be able to find myself someone to love- and when i do, i have to make sure they make me feel something, and not something where they weren't kind to me.

  And just like that, i did what she said- the first was a boy, whose sound was soft, but it lacked feelings for me... the boy made me smile, and i would be filled with happiness but- on the day i was going to tell him a my small childhood crush: since i was only 6 at the time... but when i went to tell him, he was holding another girls hand... and his sound was happy- something that i had never heard... i struggled to keep the tears in, and even then- i still told him... i was jealous that this girl gets love and not me... i know it was selfish... even despite how i was so young: i still feel jealousy but i know i was in the wrong but still i couldnt help...