01|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" Uth jao dua isse pehle ki azaan bhai khud tumhaari class lene aa jaye. "

Irham shook Dua trying to wake her up before someone else does.

" Aa jaane de api, mai nahi darti godzilla se "

" Kon godzilla ? "

Came a deep and husky voice and suddenly, Dua was no longer sleepy, all her sleep flew out the window.

" Bhai-bhaijaan....woh good morning. "

She stood up and once, her hair looked no less than a bird's nest. Azaan scoffed.

" Paper hai na aaj tumhara final ? Ab tak so rahi thi, kab sudhrogi Dua. "

She mentally rolled her eyes and giving him small smile said,

" Kya bhaijaan, in sab ka time nahi hai. Mujhe nahana hai, bohot kaam hai. "

She rushed towards the washroom and Azaan looked at Irham.

" Bhai bachchi hai, mature ho jayegi. "

" Achha abhi tak toh hui nahi. "

" Bura na maan'na bhaijaan, lekin isse bigaada bhi aapne hi hai. Har manmani aap hi poori karte hai iski. "

Azaan glared at her and pulling her ear said,

" Bohot bolne lagi ho tum bhi. "
He moved out of the room and Irham quickly took out a pair of jeans with blue kurti for her.

She checked her pencil pouch and kept a bottle of water in her bag.

•|•

" Aree yeh Dua kaha reh gayi ? Aaj toh uska paper hai na. "
Sehreem begum, the matriarch of the family asked, as they all sat at the long dining table.

" Ya Allah ! Yeh ladki kaha reh gayi. Aaj ke din bhi late. "
Sameena, Dua's mother hit her forehead when Aamirah said,

" Irham ne utha diya tha usse, nahane gayi thi. Bas aati hi hogi daadijaan. "
Ayaan and Faraaz looked at each other trying to control thier laughter. Since they knew that Azaan will tighten all her loosen nuts and bolts today.

Just then she came, her hair still wet. With a rosy glow on her face. She had applied Kajal and a lip tint. She rushed down the stairs with her bag almost falling down.

" Zaraan Bhai ! Sorry sorry late ho gayi main. Woh aankh hi nahi khuli, please mujhe school chod dein. "
And just as expected, came Azaan's deep set voice.

" Fir late hui tum Dua, aaj paper hai na ? Chalo, jaldi se breakfast karo, mai tumhe chhod dunga, Faraaz ko ek meeting head karni hai. "
Dua turned and squinting her eyes pleaded to her brother to help her out of this but he eyed Azaan.

She knew there was no escape for her and grumpily sat down. He saw her gulp down a paratha in hurry and then she stood up gulping a complete glass of milk and said,

" Chale Azaan bhai, jaldi chod de mujhe. "
He nodded and stood up. His blazer had his car keys.

" Identity card kaha hai tumhara ? "

" Shut Mera card ! "
Before she could panic he gave it to her.

" Jaldi mei table pe bhool aayi thi tum. Chalo ab seat belt lagao. "
She fasten the belt and he started the car. The entire way Dua kept revising her syllabus. He looked at her and a smile almost made it's way to his face.

Being the eldest, he never really got a childhood, he was always there to protect and guide all his cousins. He did find a friend in Faraaz but even he was you her to him by 10 months. Dua being the youngest, naturally had his attention. He always kept an eye on her to ensure she stays out of trouble.

" Itna dar kyu rahi ho ? Padhai ki hai na theek se ? "
He asked and she bobbed her head saying,

" Maine padhai ki hai par har paper ke pehle mujhe dar sa lagta hai. "
He turned the car and said,

" Dua you're a good student, ghabrao mat. I'm sure you'll do good. "
She gave him a smile. He did always manage to calm her down, she didn't notice it but to his, Dua was still the little baby he saw in a pink towel.

They reached the school and they both got down.

" All the best Dua, make me proud. "
He said, he always said this to her and she felt a wierd burden of getting his approval and making him proud, she always did though.

" Thank you Azaan bhai. "
Just as she was about to go, he stopped her.

" Ruko "
She turned and saw he was looking at the ground, her shoes to be more precise.

" Tumhara shoe lace khula hai. "
She made an ' oh ' face and before she could tie it, be bent down and started tying it.

Dua felt wierd and uncomfortable, CEO of NAYAB, was on his knees, tying her shoe lace. She tried to resist but he glared at her and she stood still realising she was drawing attention to herself.

" All the best, mai lene aa jaunga tumhe. "
She bid him bye and ran in feeling wierd.

As she was going in, she heard two girls whisper something.

" Did you see the guy who dropped off Dua. Kitna handsome lag raha tha mashallah. "
The second girl then replied.

" Lagta hai Dua ka boyfriend hai, she's so lucky. Mujhe to bohot jalan ho Rahi hai. "
She sighed feeling upset and angry. She wanted to tell at them but her wrist watch reminded her that she needs to be in her exam hall in less than five minutes and leaving those girls she rushed in.

•|•

" Paper kaisa tha ? "
Azaan asked giving her a bottle of frooti and she grinned saying,

" Aree Azaan bhaijaan kya batau aapko, itna pyara paper aya. Maine to puri do extra sheets li. "
He patiently listened to her as she ranted.

" Yeh tumhare liye, khalo abhi. Ghar jaate hi tum toh so jaogi. "
He gave her a brown paper bag and she squealed when she opened it.

" Chilly garlic noodles ! Yay !! Azaan bhai aap na best ho. "
He chuckled seeing her excitement and teasing her asked,

" Faraaz aur Zaraan se bhi zyada ? "
She stopped eating for a second and looked at him before saying.

" Ha par aap unhe batana mat. "
He turned aside to hide the smile that was growing in her face.

•••

Here is the first chapter ❤️

Please tell me how it was.

Love
Vishakha