14|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" Achha suno, after dinner, we'll all go for ice cream. Ready rehna. "
Dua nodded and smiled once Azaan was out of her room. However her smile soon turned into a frown as she realised that Maryam will be there too.

" Urghhh "

She cried to herself and moved to her computer to download some word documents.

*

" Ye Maryam api se mujhe khud hi baat karni padegi, she is stopping too low. "
Dua said to herself as she put in her silver jhumkas, giving herself a twirl in front of the mirror.

She was wearing a floral kurti with slim fit jeans, satisfied with her appearance she put on some lip tint and moved down.

As she reaches the last step, she noticed Azaan was sitting there already, typing something on his phone.

She came near him and he felt a presence before looking up at his wife and giving her a smile.

" Mai ready hun, baaki sab kaha hai ? Mai bula laaun ? "

Dua asked looking around,

" Nahi ! Woh Maryam puchne gayi thi sabse but they're all busy so it will be just the three of us. "
As he concluded himself, Dua fisted her hand.

She had been with Seher and Aamirah all this time, but Maryam didn't come to her room to ask them. She was most definitely lying.

But before Dua could say something to Azaan, they heard heels clicking against the cold floor and turned to see Maryam standing there, wearing a short sequin dress. Dua rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath,

" Hot lagne ke chakkar me jam hi jayegi ye. "

Azaan stiffled a chuckle hearing his wife's statement.

" Thand hai bahar Maryam, are you sure you don't want to take a coat ? You can change if you want to, we'll wait. "
He tried to put it out as politely as he could that her dress wasn't practical but she just shrugged and told them,

" Relax Azaan, I'm too hot to catch a cold. "
Dua wanted nothing more than strangling this woman but stopped because of her husband.

" Let's go then "
Dua took out her earbuds and plugged them in once Maryam started talking about her impending promotion at her dad's company.

They reached the car and Maryam was about to open the car door, only to be stopped by Dua,

" Maryam, tum please peeche baith jao. "
She requested politely but Maryam simply rolled her eyes.

" C'mon Dua, mujhe aage baith na pasand hai. You know that too. "
Maryam would rather get shot that compromise for Dua.

However, thier argument came to an abrupt end when Azaan called her name,

" Dua ! Peeche baitho. "
As usual, he ordered and she would have obeyed if not for Maryam's smirk.

She somehow convinced herself not too snap and sat back only for a smile to replace her frown. She found Azaan sitting in the back already, scrolling his phone.

Maryam scowled as soon as she realised that she was sitting next to a driver. She frantically turned around and looked at Azaan.

" Azaan come to the front. Whose gonna drive us ? "

Dua tried hard to smile as Azaan, as nonchalantly as ever, said,

" Zorawar will drive us. It's raining and mai abhi bhi thoda thaka hua hun. "
She shut up when Azaan turnsd to Dua, completely ignoring Maryam.

They talked and talked since the parlour was almost half an hour away.

" Let's stay up tonight, I wanted to discuss something. "

Azaan said once he was done paying, he asked Dua.

" Sure "

Came Maryam's reply and Dua rolled her eyes. Azaan simply fisted his hand.

" I was talking to Dua. "
Azaan was aware of how Maryam had been getting on Dua's nerves all day and he wanted to clear things out but an ice cream parlour was definitely not the place to do it.

" I'm tired, I think I'll just sleep. "
The monotonous reply annoyed Azaan way more than it should have.

" Dua just- "

" Azaan come, our ice creams are here. "

He saw the look on Dua's face and prayed to God to give him the strength and energy to handle the two of them.

They are and after that Azaan drive them back since the driver was sick too.

Once they were in the house, Dua went straight upstairs and locked her room. Maryam made sure that she kept Azaan engaged in a conversation.

***

" We should not be facing these challenges Noorie. I need you to fire this guy and form new team for the project. I am going to announce the new lawsuit too. "

Azaan said it all monotonously to his assistant who nodded and somehow managed to write it all in her little notepad.

" Sir Maryam ma'am is here to meet you. You don't have any meetings, should I send her in ? "
Azaan let his head rest on his chair, it was stupid, Maryam always sticking up to him, ge knew what she was trying to do.

He was more than aware that Maryam was simply trying to woo him. Back when they were kids, his bua did mention about a potential relationship between them a couple of times but the family did not find the two compatible, given that they were kids back then.

However now he was married and they barely texted each other.

" How long has she been out ? "

" Couple of hours, I'm so sorry I was out with the floor 14 team. "

" God ! Okay fine, send her in. "

He asked Noorie to send Maryam in and she gave him a small frown.

Noorie was a friend to Dua and she clearly knew what a fox Maryam was. She decided to drop a text to her informing her about Maryam's arrival.

" Maryam ma'am you can go in now. "
Noorie bowed before her making her smile.

" Don't make me wait the next time Noorie. Mujhe kisi ka wait karna nahi pasand hai. "

She slowly made her way into Azaan's cabin and closed it with her stilleto.

" Hey Azaan, I have a proposal for you. "

•••