07|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" Irham hato, mujhe Dua se baat karni hai. "

Azaan said and Irham stopped him,

" Mai darwaaza aadha hi kholungi, nikaah ke pehle, dulha, dulhan ko nahi dekhta. "

He glared at her and said,

" Nikaah toh mai hone nahi dunga. "

" Maaf kariyega bhaijaan par meri behen ka nikaah hai aur mai aapko koi rasam nahi todne dungi. "

Aamirah spoke to him who angrily punched the wall scaring all the three girls, just then they heard Dua. They realised she had pulled the heavy curtain and that even though her silhouette was visible, he couldn't see her.

" Api aap sab jayen woh mujhse baat karna chahte hai. Toh mai unse nikaah se pehle hi baat karungi.  

The three immediately left to give the two some privacy and entering the room Azaan closed the door and yelled.

" Kya kar rahi ho tum Dua ? Ye koi mazak nahi hai, Ammi vulnerable hai, unhone chhoti ammi se tumhara haath manga aur tum maan gayi. Mat faso in sab me, you don't deserve this. "

" And you do ? "

She countered and he felt like he was at loss of words.

" Dua, usse tumhe koi farq nahi padna chahiye. "

" Aapko bhi is baat se farq nahi padna chahiye ki mai kyu maan gayi. Mr. Azaan Jamshed Ali mai aapse apni marzi se shaadi karna chahti hun. Mujhe nahi pata ki aap mujhe kyu reject karna chahte hai par neeche jab qazi sahab mujhse yeh puchenge ki kya mujhe aap qubool hai, toh mai wahi kahungi jo mere dil mei hai. Agar aap chahe toh sabke saamne mujhe apnane se inkaar kar dein par mera jawaab nahi badlega. "

They heard a knock on the door and Azaan closed his eyes rubbing his temple, feeling frustrated. He opened the door and saw Ayaan standing there.

" Bhai zyada time nahi bacha hai, faraaz bhai ne jewellery aur makeup artists arrange ki hai. Aap ko bhi taiyaar ho jaana chahiye. "

Azaan took a deep breath and moved out of the room.

" Dua I hope you know tum kya kar rahi ho, ek baar quraan shareef par hath rakh kar rishta jod liya toh fir zindagi bhar ke liye ek rishte mei bandh jaogi. "

She put aside the curtain and came to Ayaan who hugged her. She told him,

" Bhai shaadi karna mera eklauta sapna nahi, par aaj ye mujhe sahi lag raha hai. "

" You know I have got your back......always. "

" I do "

He let go of her when he realised that the team of makeup artists had arrived there. 

.|.

" Azaan Jamshed Ali wald Jamshed Shaukat Ali, kya aapko Dua Shabbir Ali wald Shabbir Shaukat Ali se yeh nikah mehr 50 Lakh ke saath qubool hai ? "

The qazi asked Azaan, Dua was feeling anxious. Ofcourse she had told him that he could reject her in front of everyone if he wishe to but now the thought scared her.

" Qubool hai "

Dua looked up at once, a small smile dancing on her lips. He repeated the same twice and the hall erupted with laughter and cheers.

.|.

" Dua tum Azaan bhai jaan ke saath ghar jao. Ham doosri gaadi mei aate hai. "

Faraaz said and Dua looked at him dumbfounded. She turned to see Azaan already sitting in the driver's seat waiting for her. She was feeling scared, because she knew that Azaan always scolded and corrected her on the smallest of her mistakes and here she had gone against him and practically proposed to him before getting married. She was sure he was going to kill her today.

" Jaldi andar baithei Mrs Azaan. "

His sarcastic tone scared her and she sat in, he saw her struggling with her joda and turned the seat backwards so that her dress wouldn't budge her. As she closed the door, he started driving. It was a fairly long drive and it was only now that Dua realised that she was going to have to sit in awkward silence because she didn't have her phone and ear phones. 

To avoid tension she turned on the radio only to regret

Tum aankhon se batana ham samajh jayenge, tum halki si sharmana ham tere ho jayenge

He turned to look at her and found her looking at him already. She immediatly looked outside the window. As the song continued, Dua found herself thinking of the anxiety she had felt when she realised that Azaan was going to get married.

Dil mei ek ajeeb bechaini thi, jo ab nahi hai. Dar toh aaj bhi lag raha hai lekin ek sukoon bhi hai dil ko. Ye mere saath kya ho raha hai 

She looked at him again and this time didn't look away. She was trying to find some emotion on his face which would indicate weather he was happy or sad about this change in their relationship.

Of course he wouldn't be happy but he shouldn't be sad too right ? Marrying her can't be that bad of a decision. She refused to believe that. Once they reached, he got out and opened the car door for her, she somehow managed to come out of the car with her heavy jewellry and joda without falling and gave him a small and meek

" Thanks "

Which he did not acknowledge but did not ignore either. They entered the house together and everyone rushed to their side and made them sit together on the sofa.

" Bhai maine aapke aur Dua I mean bhabhi ke liye khana order kar diya tha. Mai leke aati hun. "

Seher said and went to the kitchen, and Dua here was a little shocked

" Bha...bhi ? "

Azaan chuckled a little darkly and she heard him slowly say,

" Mujhse shaadi karne ka bohot shauk tha na tumhe, ab jhelo. "

She turn to glare at him however his stern face scared her and she turned away.

•••

Hehe hogayi shaadi 🥳

Thank you for thew comments and votes, they really keep me going.

Thank you for 100+ votes and over 1K views.

Love
Vishakha