12|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

Both Irham and Aryan rushed behind Azaan.

It was not only embarassing but also stupid, Azaan was running like a child. Irham made her mind to kick her brother's paranoid ass once they find Dua.

" Bhai I am sure she's fin- "
Irham stopped speaking as they neared the washroom.

Her eyes widen when she heard Dua yell.

" Please, please mujhe nikale yaha se. "
The next thing she knew, Azaan latched his hand to the door and frantically banged it, trying to open.

" Dua, Rona nahim Mai hun yaha, mai abhi nikalta hun tumhe. "
Dua felt a bit better then before and with voice full of hope shouted,

" Azaan ! Azaan mai phas gayi hun please mujhe nikale. "
Aryan decided to call the workers and Irham too rushed to the door.

" Dua rona band karo. Dekho api hai yaha. Azaan bhaiii bhi aa gaye hai. "
Irham tried her best to comfort her but she waited loudly as the door just wouldn't budge.

" Api, Azaan mujhe nikalein- pl-please. Mu- mujhe bo-hot dar lag-gta hai. "
Her voice was breaking up as she tried to keep up.

" Azaan hato, they'll open the door. "
With two kicks, the door was wide open revealing a crying and exhausted Dua to Azaan. He wasted no time and gathered her in his arms.

He glared at the workers with blood re eyes and said,

" Jisne bhi ye galti ki hai, bohot buri saza milegi. "

Sewing her shook, he picked her in his arms and strides towards the elevator.

•|•

" Bas bachche itna nahi rote. Ab toh sab theek hai na. "

Haya caressed her niece's hair as she tried to hide her face in the pillow.

Back when she was 3 years old, Seher and Irham had accidentally locked her up in a washroom, while playing hide and seek. She had gotten so scared that she waited for an hour before passing out.

It was Azaan who had noticed that she wasn't there and found her.

Since then, she had turned claustrophobic.

Haya sighed before eyeing Sameena who nodded and whispered something to Raqeesa.

Haya, Sameena and Raqeesa decided to leave the room. Dua panicked when she realised that no on was in the room anymore.

She instantly sat on the bed, ready to freak out, but saw someone enter the room.

Relief washed her over when she saw who it was.

" Theek ho ? "
His soft voice was like butter to her ears.

She nodded and he sighed, walking to the bed.

Silence took over the oom as Azaan sat by her side.

" Kyu royi tum ? "
It might have just been the softest voice he had ever used on her.

She shifted her head a little on the head board and now she was closer to him.

" Mai dar gayi thi Azaan. Andar aur koi na tha. Mujhe laga mai kabhi waha se nikal nahi paungi. "
All the angst and pain was long forgotten as she moved her head to his lap. He was taken aback but then let her be knowing that she was still a little disturbed.

" Irham bhi toh thi waha.  Why did you go all alone ? "
Dua closed her eyes and Azaan felt her body going stiff.

" I wanted to be alone for sometime. "

Azaan already understood what she was trying to hide. He sighed, knowing that she was alone because she was upset because of him and this ended up happening, further made him believe that Dua and he were never meant to be.

His fingers massaged her scalp and he felt Dua relaxing.

" Aage se aisa kabhi kuchh ho, you fauran mujhe call karna. Hm ! "
She opened her eyes and frowned.

" Agar aap kahi door hue toh ? Aur aaj aap waha kaise aa gaye ? Mujhe kuchh samajh nahi aya. "
She sat straight and looked at him, demanding answers.

He looked at her, straight in her eyes before saying,

" I was meeting Aryan there. Usne hi hotel decide kiya tha. It was just luck I was there. "
She bobbed her head trying to grasp all the information.

" Leave that, tumne kuchh khaya nahi hai na ! Chalo neeche, have some food. Bimar pad jaogi warna. "
Azaan told her making her roll her eyes.

What she did not notice was Azaan's low growl at her action.

" Ham bahar ja sakte hai ? "
The innocence with which she asked him made it impossible for him to say no to her.

" Theek hai. Tum araam se taiyaar ho mai baakiyon ko bata deta hun. "
Dua sprung up from the bed and moved to the closet. Azaan shook his head seeing that she was already looking for clothes.

He moved out of the room and closed the door behind him.

A small smile came to his lips.

" Chhoti ammi, please Zara sabko bole taiyaar hone ke liye. Dua ko bahar dinner karne ka man hai. "

Sameena frowned. She looked at her son in law with a worried face and asked,

" Bahar ? Bahar kyu ? Abhi toh itna sab hua hai, woh dar jayegi bahar Azaan. "
Azaan held her choti ammi's hand in his and told her.

" Aap kyu tension le rahe ho. Mai hu na uske saath. "
His words radiates warmth and she smiled. Raqeesa came in and seeing Azaan asked him,

" Khana nikalun tumhara ? Baaki sab ne th jha Kiya. "
Hearing his mother, he asked,

" Sabne ? But Dua ko bahar dinner karna hai. "
He sounded oddly innocent, the way his voice soften only made Raqeesa smile.

She tried to test him,

" Azaan, beta kal chali jayegi woh. Haina Sameena ? "

" Ha Azaan. Tum sab kal chale jaana. "

He frowned and moved out of the kitchen saying,

" Agar Dua ko aaj dinner karna hai toh Aaj hi jana chahiye hame. "
As he left, both the women burst into laughter.

While Azaan was busy thinking something, he bumped into someone.

" Ouchh "

" I'm so sorry. "
Azaan immediately apologised hearing the feminine voice and looked up to see his bua's daughter.

Maryam Shareef.

" It's ok, chalo takrane ke bahane hi sahi. Tumse mulakat toh hui. "
She laughed at her own words and touched his arm.

Azaan gave his cousin a smile, unaware of the storm he just stirred in Dua's heart, who was watching him from up the stairs.

•••

I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting.

Here's the update, pls vote and comment. One genuine comment can make your author's day.

Vishakha