18| Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

Cold air caressed Dua's face as Azaan drove towards their home.

Her face was still flushed which made her husband smile from time to time, because his usually wild can was now behaving like a small kitten.

" Kya soch rahi ho ? "
He asked taking his eyes off the road and Dua smirked a little before saying,

" Yahi ki aaj aap achanak se itne romantic kaise ho gaye ! "

He choked and glared at her.

" Chup ho baitho tum, aur mera romance mai tumhe ghar pe dikhaunga. "
She giggled and palmed her face which only made him smile harder.

•|•

" Itna bhi mat sharmao, poora face laal ho gaya hai ! "

He teased before holding her hand and dragged her inside the home only to find his family members sitting there with shocked faces.

" Azaan, beta aa gaye ? "
There stood his Bua in all her evil glory. Dua rolled her eyes when she realised that how the older woman was eyeing their joint hands.

" Salam Walikum Phuphi. "
Azaan bowed down and Dua mirrored his action, though with a frown.

" Walaikum Assalam "
She replied and Azaan looked at her,

" Bohot dino baad aana hua ! Achha laga aapko yaha dekhkar. "
He smiled however the same could not be said for Dua.

" Aayi toh hun par jaldi jaana hai, Maryam ke abbu ko abroad jaana hai. "
Almost everyone noticed how she engaged herself with Ahaan but was ignoring Dua. The said girl, however did not care about it and rolled her eyes, making her way towards the kitchen.

" Taayi ammi, ye kyu aayi hai ? "
Raqeesa laughed a little, hugging her daughter in law.

" Ab kya hua ! "
She asked handing her a plate of freshly grilled sandwich which she happily accepted.

" Kuchh karne ki zarurat hi nahi hai, inki shakal hi zeher lagti hai mujhe. "

Raqeesa lightly hit her head to which she pouted.

" Waise itna time kaha laga diya. Aamirah aur Faraaz kab ke aaye hue hai. "
At her words, Dua looked down, her cheeks turning a little shade of red as she recalled how perfectly she fit in her husband's arms.

" Woh Azaan ko - a - Azaan ko kuchh kaam tha. Mai chalti hui taayi ammi, change karna hai. "
Her little run out of the room gave Raqeesa a slight idea of what might've happened. She closed her eyes and said a small prayer for her children.

•|•

" Haan aur ab mujhe tumhe aur koi bakwaas nahi sun ni hai, Ayaan. Tameez se kal office aa jaana. "
Azaan said, voice as monotonous as ever. Ayaan in turn rolled his eyes and said,

" Aap Seher ko toh kuchh nahi kehte. Usse bhi bulayen na fir. "

His poyting made Azaan smile a little.

" Woh ek voluntary internship kar rahi hai Ayaan, aur tumhari liye yeh zaruri hai ki tumhe work experience ho. "
He soothed his little brother and ruffled his hair a little. Ayaan hesitated before leaning towards him and said,