15|Tu Thodi Der Aur Ther Ja

" Zaraan suno, I want you to know that I am ready. I know that our merger can be a huge flop but that's okay because we can always restart. "
Maryam rambled and that was it, Faraaz slammed his hand on the table and said,

" I'm sorry dad, chachu but this is too much. Martam you've stopped our current projects and  now you are starting an entirely different one. We can't waste our money on this. "
Zaraan leaned closer to his brother and whispered,

" Get Faraaz out of here before shit goes down. "
Before Azaan could stop him, Maryam stood up and said,

" Tameez se baat karna seekh lo Faraaz. And you have a shit load of money, besides mai in paiso ko aag nahi laga rahi hun. "

Faraaz wouldn't stop either and glared down at her, hard.

" Maryam don't forget ye company dad aur chachu me banayi hai aur ispe right Azaan bhai ka hai. You are actually no one to decide what we do. "

Qasim stood up and walked to Faraaz.

" Faraaz, baitho. Aur Maryam, beta ham apne ongoing projects ko rok kar loss karwana afford mahi kar sakte. I think the merger can wait, tumhe ghar jaana chahiye. Mai Ayaan ko call kar deta hun, woh tumhe chhod dega. "
Shabbir looked worried. Maryam had been acting different. She would often try to establish her right ovee the family and especially Azaan. He was worried for his daughter's future.

Sure Azaan was a great guy amd there was probably no one else who's could've been a better life partner for Dua, but he also knew that every relationship needed love, something that he wasn't sure his daughter and son in law had between them

Only if he knew !

" But Maamu jaan - "

" Maryam ! Jaao jaake kuchh kha lo. Ayan aayega toh ham tumhe khabar karwa denge. "

Jamshed simply sat there, never saying a word.

" Ji chacha jaan. "
She kept her head down and moved out of the meeting room. No one said a word. Jamshed cleared his tone.

" Zaraan tum mere saath chalo aur Azaan tum Faraaz ko lekar kahi bahar jaao. He needs to relax. "
Zaraan patted Azaan on his back and followed his older chachu while Faraaz rubbed his temple.

•|•

" Let's have some chinese food for lunch, Ni Hao chale ?! "
Azaan asked his little brother who simply nodded and went back to looking out of the car window.

" Can you tell me why did you do that back in the office ? "

Faraaz gave him a sharp look and asked,

" That ? What ? Maryam ko .......... uski aukat dikhana ? "
Azaan rolled his eyes at Faraaz's comment amd nodded slowly.

" Papa aur chachu ne scratch se shuru kiya tha is company ko, Aapne aur Zaraan bhai ne din raat ek karke aaj hame Hyderabad ka top selling brand banaya hai. Maryam sirf aur sirf apne time pass ke liye sab barbaad karna chahti hai. Ye company uska time pass nahi hai. "
Azaan knew it damn well that whatever Faraaz said, was more than true.

" Pata hai mujhe, but tumhe bhi pata hona chahiye ki ab woh jaake bua ke saame rone wali hai ! "

Faraaz threw a look of sheer disgust and said,

" Mujhe konsa usse shaadi karni hai. "

His comment had Azaan snickering. The word ‘ shaadi ’ reminded him of the early morning banter he had with his wife and a wide smile stood etched on his lips.

" Mujhe nahi baad karni aapse, aapne bola tha ki mai woh movie dekhne jaa sakti hun, aapne ammi ke saamne kyu mana kiya. "

" Dua Mausam dekho, thand lag jayegi abhi. "

It felt weirdly domestic, Azaan was in his room, putting on his coat, getting ready for office and Dua sat on his bed sulking.

" Achha theek hai, ab shakal mat banao. I'll get waffles for you aate waqt, sirf tumhara liye. "

" Sirf mere liye ! Okay. Theek hai, aapko maaf kia "

She came closer to him to pull his cheeks and right that moment, Azaan too turned back to take his watch from the bed.

It caused Dua yo bump into his chest as Azaan held her waist, supporting her so that she doesn't fall.

Gone was the playfulness they felt minutes ago as Dua stared at her husband. It was wierd, Dua felt her stomach drop.

" A-azaan "

" Hmm "

" Mu-jjhe chhod de "

She stuttered badly bringing Azaan back to reality.

He let go of her and she ran out of there on full speed

•|•

" That will be all. "
Azaan closed the menu and smiled at the waiter.

" Sab theek ? "
Faraaz asked, initiating the conversation for the first time this evening.

" Hmm "

" Bohot khush lag rahe hai aap ! "

" Dua is finally behaving like she used to. Sab.....sab dheere dheere badal raha hai....sab behtar ho raha hai. "

The soft and breezy smile never left his face while Faraaz fought the urge to smile.

" Do you love her ? "
His question made Azaan look at his brother as he slowly kept his glass of water back on the table.

" Kya kaha tumne ? "

Azaan wanted to confirm if what he heard was correct.

" Pyaar karte hai Dua se ? "
With ease, he asked Azaan the question. While Azaan on the other hand felt overwhelmed, he has never been questioned like this.

" Itna bhi mushkil nahi hai ye sawaal bhai ! "

Before either of them could say anything, they heard a rather familiar laugh and turned to their right only to see Dua along with Aamirah.

Aamirah laughed as Dua seemed to struggle while talking to an older woman. Feeling confused, Azaan stood up to move closer to her in order to listen what she was saying and Faraaz followed him.

" Sundar toh bohot ho, mera ek beta hai. MNC me bohot achchi post pe hai, waise toh pehle tumhare Walid aur ammi se baat karni chahiye mujhe, par koi aur hai nahi toh tum hi bata do, koi hai nazar mein. "
Before Dua could give an answer, Azaan spoke from behind her.

" Ji nazar ki toh kya ho baat hogi,. Dua mere nikaah me hai. "

•••

Pretty please vote and comment on the chapter and follow me.