Chapter 5: The Girl Who Caved

****Naerys' late husband, Prince Qyle Martell🧎🏻‍♀️****

"There's my beautiful butterfly." Prince Qyle snuck up behind his wife by the ocean, kissing her neck as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. Naerys' smile was from ear to ear as her hand slid into his hair.

"You kept me waiting long enough." She giggled softly, leaning back into him.

"Well, I was pondering how to tell you a raven has arrived...from Dragonstone." He pressed a gentle kiss to her shoulder when he felt her spirit drop just slightly. "I think you should answer this time, my love. Your family misses you dearly."

"Not all of them. You remember how my brother acted last time they visited." She frowned, turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I doubt much else has changed since. I don't want our family around him."

Her eyes dropped to her swollen stomach. Only a few more moons until the child would come. Until they'd see their beautiful baby girl or boy, although he was primarily wishing for a girl while she would always be partial to having a son.

"What of the rest? Your mother? Your other brothers? Even Daemon?" He brushed a loose curl of hers behind her ear before tracing his fingers along her jaw. "They wish for us to visit them. Your mother is with child once more."

Naerys' face lit up just slightly. She'd already been given two more brothers since her mother remarried to Prince Daemon. Little Aegon III and Viserys II. Naerys wasn't too fond of the names, but she adored her new brothers regardless.

They wouldn't grow to despise her the way one of her brothers had.

"Besides, if your brother says anything out of line again, I can just put him through another window." A sly grin grew on his face as she rolled her eyes with a small laugh. His finger brushed ever so lightly against the corner of her lips. There was that spark in her eyes that made his heart skip a beat. He kissed her softly and then whispered against her lips. "When we return from visiting my father, we should all pay them a visit."

"I still do not believe it wise to travel to the Stepstones, Qy. It could be dangerous." She laid her head against his chest, enjoying the vague smell of citrus from him. He must've been in the gardens, helping with finding "the perfect orange" as every afternoon went.

He chuckled. "Father has taken the necessary precautions. The fighting in the Stepstones will be plenty far from where we will meet."

"I just worry, that's all. Your father and his men shouldn't even be there in the first place." She sighed as he wrapped his arms around her and softly brushed his fingers through her hair.

"I promise everything will be alright, and you know I keep my promises." He whispered.

Naerys' cheeks warmed as she clung to him tighter. He was right. He did always keep his promises, always kept every last word of his. Everything would be fine...they would be safe, they would be happy...