Chapter 52: The Girl Who Was Replaced

Naerys' head settled comfortably back against Aemond's chest, enjoying the warmth of the water that remained in their bath. Her hair was loosely tied up out of the way, giving Aemond a clear path as he kissed gently down her neck. His arms wrapped her securely in his hold with his fingers trailing lazily along her sides.

Something was different when Aemond had returned to her that evening. There was a twinkle in his violet eye that refused to leave, much like his hands from her body. He hadn't spoken hardly a word, but he couldn't when his lips were more invested in their journey of rediscovering every inch of her skin.

But she didn't mind it for one second, she only wished for it to never end.

His fingers slid from her sides before settling on her stomach, and his lips slowly pulled from under her jaw. His nose grazed lightly against her jawline as his eye lingered on the hint of a smile that tugged at the corner of her mouth. He felt her hands covering his under the water and he noticed the blush on her cheeks reddening even more.

A half smile graced his face before he kissed her temple, whispering in a husky voice. "You never did answer my question from earlier, zaldrītsos."

"Hmm?" She hummed as she nuzzled her cheek against his chest.

"Your story to Maelor...about the king and queen..." His lips hovered over her ear, with his breath fanning against her skin as he listened to her breath slowing. "...how many little princesses did they have in the end?"

Her blush reddened even more as she bit down on her bottom lip, trying to stifle her ear to ear smile. She shook her head slightly with a quiet giggle before she turned her face to his with a playful look in her eyes. "I think you mean princesses and princes, Aem."

"No, you heard me correctly." He nonchalantly said as he kissed against her shoulder, only making her roll her eyes while she teasingly splashed a little bit of water back at him. A low chuckle came from him as she rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she settled back against his chest. He tilted his head down with his head nose brushing against her temple.

"And what of having a male heir to carry the line on, hmm?" She teased, but he just smirked to himself.

"Since when has my wife been concerned with such trivial matters?" His lips whispered softly before they kissed lightly along her temple, but he noticed her hesitation in answering and he saw her eyes half open, staring blankly at the water. "Naer?"

She blinked, snapping herself out of her daze as she glanced back at him with worry starting to form in her brown eyes. His alluring gaze was unwilling to pull from hers as one of his hands lazily slid up along her sternum, coming up out of the water to tuck under her jaw carefully. He could still see that faint hint of fear lingering in her eyes, but not fear of him from what he could tell.

She swallowed thickly as she spoke in just barely a whisper with her eyes lowering slightly. "I'm sure the queen fears repeating her predecessor's mistakes..."

"Oh, do you plan on siring a litter of bastards with some random knight I do not know about?" He teased with his lips returning to her neck.

"That isn't quite what I imagined." She rolled her eyes with a small chuckle under her breath.

She let out a small breath when she felt his other hand disappear back under the water, parting her thighs gently. His fingers dragged lightly up her inner thighs, stopping just below her center. Her eyelids shut with her lips parted slightly when she felt his lips hovering over her ear, fanning his warm breath down her neck.