Chapter 32: The Boy and Girl Who Had Each Other

By the time Aemond was making his way down to the shores with Helaena and her children, practically the entire population of Sunspear had already gathered along the sands. If anyone outside of Dorne were to see the sight before them, they'd think it was just another feast House Martell was hosting for its people. They wouldn't suspect it was to honor the memory of a lost child.

There were drums pounding, echoing through the crowds along with strings and horns this time to accompany the rhythm. Some people were dancing along the waters while others surrounded the merchants scattered about amongst their tables.

Aemond had his eye scanning every inch of the area as they walked down the hill. He was desperate to see his wife again. He promised her he'd stay by her side, and so far he was doing a piss-poor job of it.

"Oh, pretty!" Jaehaera beamed as she pointed at one of the further merchants handing out bundles of flowers. Helaena smiled down at her daughter while Maelor tried to run off after the flowers, but Aemond scooped the small child up before he could get away.

"Nice try, little one." Aemond mumbled as Maelor squealed and giggled in his uncle's arms. Maelor tried reaching for his uncle's eyepatch, as he quite often did, but Aemond jerked his head away and shifted his nephew onto his other side. "They really should be inside, Hel."

Helena shrugged, but then her eyes lit up as she looked ahead. Her brother followed her line of sight, landing instantly on the baker he'd seen her cozying up to the day before. Aemond grumbled under his breath, but Helaena just laughed and smiled up at him as she spoke sweetly. "They are not who you worry for, brother."

He looked away from his sister, going back to scan the crowds once more. He knew his sister was right, but he didn't wish to have this conversation now. Not while he needed to find his wife.

Maelor started to fuss in Aemond's arms and Helaena took him from her brother, setting the silver boy down to walk next to his brother. Aemond shot a small scowl down at his youngest nephew. The same nephew that used to beg to be picked up by him, and now that same boy couldn't get away from him fast enough.

"Naerry!" Maelor squealed before he took off running once more, this time slipping from both his mother and uncle. The boy's legs were working over time when he spotted his aunt sitting on a rock by a group of commonfolk and House Martell.

Naerys' head snapped towards the noise and her face lit up when she saw little Maelor running towards her. She scooped the boy into her arms as he giggled and cheered on her knee, but then her eyes looked back up where he was running from and she found Aemond's longing gaze already on her.

A wide smile grew on her face as well as a scorching blush. Thousands gathered along the coast, and all she could focus on was Aemond. Her husband.

***I have been DYING to use this pic of her this entire time and I'm so happy we're finally here***

Qoren's eyes drifted for a moment from his conversation to see Naerys completely lit up with a small, silver prince on her knee, but eyes shimmering for someone else in the distance. He didn't need to look further to know who she was smiling at. He'd seen that smile many times before on her face to know what it meant.