Chapter 3. Temptations To Know

Sonic's POV

The fact that the hour was ticking faster than I've ever seen time go is horrific. My way back home is in the hands of Shadow and Rouge. I just hope they know that.

I keep thinking about the night of my arrival. Why was there blood on my hands before I even fell? Why can't I remember the day before? It's only a matter of time before I find out the truth.

Ten minutes until the hour passes, and heck, I'll just go now. I don't think my muzzle can take so much more rubbing, sooner or later it will start peeling.

I don't even bother to close my door, or the guest door. But when I actually swing the door open, it slams into the wall, making a loud echo fill the house.

I crinch up, my eyes squinting from the loud impact. If Shadow asks about it, well I don't know what I will say. Something will probably just slip out of my mouth.

I lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I really do wonder what Tails and them are all doing. Are they looking for me? Because what could have happened to make me run off like that..

Eggman might be a possibility. If that's the case..then they are in danger! I have to go save them, I can't let my friends get hurt. I'll never forgive myself.

It's been an hour, and now I sit at a dining room table with Rouge and Shadow.

"So?" I ask.

"So." Shadow replied, and he was cleaning out his gun. Wow. Of course he would do that to try an intimidate me.

"You know that I don't want you here. Rouge is siding for you, so now we have to do this." Shadow said to me and Rouge looked at the table.

"Well, he's still recovering from his wound and we-" Shadow put up his hand to stop Rouge.

"You are exaggerating his 'wound', he's fine. Don't use that as your main argument." Shadow looked amused, and Rouge had a glare staring right back at him.

"Fine. We should help him figure out how to get back to where he was." Rouge said and looked at me. "He did try to help you after your fight with Black Doom."

"Don't even bring that up."

"Can I speak?" I said and they both looked at me.

"No!" I wanted to shrink into my chair.

"Shadow, this would be careless of you to let him and just end up doing the same thing again. We are doing a favor. Get this idea out of your head that Sonic is the bad guy." Rouge said and had two fists on the table. Shadow just stared at her normally.

"Fine. Sonic. You'll stay here until you figure out what the hell happened. That doesn't mean doing nothing, either." Shadow said and walked away. I sat dumbfounded at what just happened. I didn't even get to say anything.

Why would Shadow have me sit there and watch their debate?

"Are you okay, Rouge?" I ask her and her looks at me.

"Of course I'm okay. He's difficult to deal with."

"Then why are you dating and living in a house with him?" I then felt an uncomfortable feeling as Rouge began to laugh. I started to fake laugh, but when I did she stopped. Oh, so that's how it's gonna be.

"I don't date Shadow. I don't want too, either. Think of me and Shadow as brother and sister." I nod slowly so this subject an be avoided.

"Thanks, Rouge." I say and rub the back of my neck.

"It's fine, Sonic. We will find out what happened." I nod and she walks away into a different room. Once again I'm left with my own thoughts. It's a feeling I can't stand. What would I usually do in a situation like this? Oh, I'd run.

Maybe if I just the way I came from, I'd find out why I'm like this. So, I quietly close the front door behind me, and I start running. The wind feels calm, and I feel free running. I smile. If I can know what's going on, I can get back to Tails and my other friends.

"Ooph!" I fall down after running into what felt like a brick wall. I'm trying to catch my breath, but I can't. I start wheezing and I hear a snicker in front of me. Who knew brick walls could have an attitude?

"Are you that weak?" I hear none other than Shadow say in front of me. He doesn't offer to help me get up, but makes me do it on my own. After I'm struggling for a few moments, he grips my arm and pulls me up.

"You are still in a bad condition. Did you think you could go anywhere?" He says to me, and I stare at him in shock.

"I felt fine."

"Hell you did." I stare at ground, and I feel angry. Why am I so oblivious to my health? I must have worked myself so hard that night..

Why can't I remember it?! If I could only know..I don't know if my friends are alright. I don't even know if I'm okay. Tears start to pool in my eyes, and I grit my teeth trying to hold them in.

"Why can't I know?!" I start to bang my fist onto Shadow's chest, and he doesn't move. Tears slide down my face, and I get angry because I'm crying.

"You are so difficult to deal with." Shadow says and I look up at him. His eyes widen at the sight of me. I guess it's weird to see Sonic the Hedgehog crying. I look into the reflection of his eyes, and I realize why he's looking at me like that.

All I see is lines of red where my eyes are supposed to be. And blotches of gold fur are around my eyes.

-

Hiya, if you didn't realize..Sonic was turning into Fleetway Sonic. Eek! And Sonic can turn into Fleetway because of stress. So that's always fun, right?

Hope you enjoyed ^-^

-TheUltimatePower