Chapter 6. Dancing In The Dark

Trust. It's something I've always had, all around me. If it was others having trust in me or the other way. But now that I know the trust I had with everyone is gone.

It's a feeling I wish I didn't know.

Shadow began training with me once a week now. We've tried to tame Fleetway everytime but it doesn't work.

I'm back to normal, which is good. I can't go far though, because Rouge is scared I'll set off Fleetway somehow.

Later

I'm supposed to do something with Shadow again today, so I have to find him.

I walked right into his room without knocking, luckily he didn't awnser or else I would have probably been back to bed rest. I head downstairs and see Rouge on the couch.

"Where's Shadow?" I ask her and she doesn't glance up at me, too busy in studying a rock. I guess to see if it's worth value.

"Downstairs." I nod and walk to the kitchen, where the basement steps are connected too. The steps aren't covered in carpet and seem unstable.

I walk down them and it creaks terribly loud. I hurry down and when I get to the bottom I am amazed.

Shadow has walls of guns. All kinds of guns. They hang under a blue light at the top of the wall, which makes their shine and detail come out more.

"Hey." I flinch from the noise and turn to find Shadow cleaning off a gun with a cloth.

"You wanted me?" I asked him nicely but I'm still completely confused as to what's going on.

"Yeah. Do you know how to shoot a gun?" I stared at him and he raised his expression, waiting for an awnser.

"Uh, no." I said simply and he nodded and tossed me the gun in his hand. I caught it and held it tightly, my eyes widening.

"Well you are gonna know how in a minute." And he motioned me to follow him into another room, which is a very small shooting range.

"Make sure the safety is off, and hold it with two hands." He said and I followed what he showed me with a gun he was holding on his hand. The gun had a feel to it I didn't like. It made my palms sweat knowing I was holding something that could kill somebody.

"Why are you showing me this?" I said to him before he had me start shooting at a target.

"Just felt like it." He said and I started shooting.

Each shoot pulled me back. After each one it felt like the gun was getting heavier and heavier in my hand. I could feel my pulse against the gun.

Why am I freaking out so much? It's only a gun. I pulled the trigger but nothing came out, which meant I used all my ammo already.

"Let's see how you did." Shadow said and the target came towards me. I looked at it and realized there were no marks of a bullet. So I missed every one.

"You'll get better." Shadow said and asked if I wanted to do another round.

"No." I said to him. The mystery about guns is that they should make people feel powerful. It makes me feel weak. If I ever had to resort to a gun, I would know that I was unable to defeat them first. I hope I never use that.

I sat on the couch in the room with the gun walls. I had to close my eyes because I couldn't look at them anymore. Next thing I knew, I'm drifting off to sleep.

"Do you like to fight?" A voice spoke to me. I stood on that road. The road where everything I knew that night was forgotten.

"No." I said to it. An echo of laughs blows with the wind. I look around but no one is there.

"Then why do you do it?" They asked calmly. I looked down at the ground, and the question kept repeating itself in my head.

Then why do you do it?
Then why do YOU do it?!

"I don't know!" I screamed, and the sound of a bullet filled the air. I stared at my feet, and blood started to pool around them. But I wasn't shot.

"Do guns scare you, Sonic?" They asked me, and I clenched my teeth. Do they scare me? I never knew...

"You don't have to awnser. I know they do. The sound of a bullet makes your blood jump. Look at your blood, Sonic. See it jump?" I can feel the voice smiling at me as guns sound off in all directions.

The blood that came from me, it's jumping off the ground. A little splatters onto my muzzle.

"Don't worry. I know how to overpower your fear." It says to me. The last bullet that sounds off leaves a shadow of a body. It forms into Fleetway.

"I don't care."

"Oh, I know you care! Don't you realize, Sonic? I'm apart of you.." Fleetway walks closer to me until he stands only a foots length apart.

"If you accept me, your fears will go away. Your flaws will disappear." Fleetway smiles, and holds out his hand.

"No." I say as I stare at his hand. I almost feel like I need to shake it.

"Fine. But you'll be back. You'll want it." He says to me before everything goes black.

I open my eyes slowly and look around. I'm in the basement on the couch. A brown blanket is pulled over me, and the lights are off.

My eyes adjust more so I can see further in the dark. The first thing I see is the guns. But my pulse doesn't freak out, what's going on?

I look over to the left, and on the other side of the couch is Shadow. He has a blanket pulled over him, and he's sleeping. I stare at his closed eyes. He seems so peaceful.

I almost laugh at what I'm thinking. If Shadow is peacefully sleeping, of course it's in a room full of guns.

But it only makes me wonder what runs through Shadow's mind that makes him..not so peaceful. Everyone must have a war going on inside them somewhat, right?

Or maybe it's just me.

-

HALLLLLO.
I'm sunburnt and burned out. Extreme sports camp all week, you know how it is .~. But I have another week to go. So expect updates on the weekend. If not then slap my sunburn LOL.

Hope you enjoyed!!! Peace :3

TheUltimatePower