Chapter 17. Red

My smile grew wider as I saw a face of terror. He was truly terrified of me, and it satisfied me. As if, we are more closer when we hate each other than when we were brothers.

His breath was taken away from him, and I can see him gasping for air. I can see his pleading eyes on Amy, trying to get her help. I just stand and smile in front of him, as I watch him break down without me even doing anything.

"Are you gonna just let your guest stand out in the cold? Come on, Tails. You're better than that." I say as I walk inside the door frame. I pat his shoulder as I walk in. His body is stiff and flinches when I touch him.

Amy cautiously walks inside, and I gesture her to sit down on a bar stool. She does as I say, and doesn't say a word. When I look back at Tails, his eyes are wide with fright.

"I'll get the door for you, buddy." I say to him and I shut the door, gently. It makes a small click when I turn the lock. I press my hands and forehead against the door.

"Hell, what am I even doing...." I whisper under my breath and sigh. Tails...is scared of me. It's actually kind of funny. That little twerp thinks I will kill him. Kill him, he's a little brat that only leaves you alone. He makes you walk on a dirt road, he makes you leave the city. He took control of you. Don't you want to get back at him?

"Sonic...I'm really sorry. About everything." Tails says to me, and I feel my eyes getting watery.

"I love you, brother." He says. And a tear falls down my cheek. I turn and look at him. He's holding a gun, pointing it at my head.

"Wha-Yo-You think you can shoot me? You think you can kill me?!" I huff and start laughing. Hysterical laughing. I fall on the floor and roll around. Minutes pass and I can barely breath.

"Tails, stop making me laugh!" I cough and hold my stomach, and finally stop. It is silent as a small smile sits on my face. I lay on my back, looking up at the ceiling. Sonic.

The house feels warm. It feels comforting. I can feel Tails staring at me.

"Sonic. I know what you did to Rouge. You aren't going to kill me. Or Amy. It doesn't matter if I'm weak and your powerful. What matters is that I have my sanity! I won't go insane like you, Sonic. Whatever happened to you, I pray everyday that you will be out of your misery." Tails says as tears stream down his cheeks. I shoot straight up and grab his shoulders.

"Tails, come on! What are you waiting for! I totally understand you!" I say and smile. I run over to the kitchen, where Amy sits on a bar stool. She stares out me, completely calm.

"Hello, Amy Rose."

I slowly bring my arms out to my sides and stare at Tails.

"Bang." I say.

Bang.

The smoke clears, and I hear Tails sobs get louder and louder.

"Amy!" He screams and falls to his knees. Amy Rose is sprawled across the floor, her brains everywhere. Blood seeps out of her head. Her eyes are open, but her face isn't terrified. She is completely calm.

Each step I take to Tails, my smile grows wider. I hold in my laughter the best I can.

I lower myself next to Tails, and he stops crying but continues to look at Amy.

"And you say you're sane." I whisper to him, and tears pour out of his eyes. I stand back up and walk to the door. I open it, and Knuckles looks up at me in horror.

"Sonic?" He says out of surprise. I ignore him, and continue walking past him. I slowly walk away from the house, and down the street. Tails is still my best friend, so is Knuckles and Amy.

They are all my friends, and I love them to bits. It's not about making sure they stay save. It's about winning the game. It's about winning attention. Getting Tails attention. Getting Knuckles attention. But most importantly,

It's his attention I want.

He's somewhere. And he will come find me, I know it. I've been having dreams. Dreams that are with him. They were every night. And now, I need him. It's a temptation. It's something I can't control.

But at the same time, I like it that way.

-

Shadow's POV

I shoot up out of bed and hold my head.

"Everything okay?" I hear from the other room and I groan.

"Yeah." I say and sit on the edge of my bed. God damn dream... It happens every night. It's Sonic, and he sits on the edge of a dock. An icy lake is underneath him. Except, I'm with him. I am sitting next to him. And we talk, like we are a couple.

And he isn't insane. He's normal.

I throw it aside and try to get Sonic out of my head. But, I'm sure he is in trouble. Like he always is. I can hear the television blaring outside my room. It's literally a mess.

I walk out of the room, and wave my hand in the air as smoke goes into my lungs.

"What the fuck are you smoking in here?" I say and cough. Vector turns and looks at me.

"What's it look like, dumbass?" He rolls his eyes and goes back to playing...poker? I made a deal with the detectives.

They will let me stay here but I have to help their sorry asses out sooner or later.

"Aye, Shads! Get me a coke!" Vector yells and I trudge to the kitchen.

-
Ho ho ho motherfuckers
Okay that was a bit uncalled for lol
Prayers for Tails since he is now scarred for life

Merry Christmas!