Chapter 12. White Silence

ANOTHER SONG-- Read authors note
Thanks

Sonic's POV

"Why aren't you talking today, Fleetway?" I asked as I sat in front of him. Fleetway had his hands on his thighs, sitting on his calves. The same stare, off into a black space.

Fleetway's eyes, were different though. The red hypnotizing swirl was partially flowing out of his eyes like tears.

He was crying.

The silence-the white silence-was killing me. The emotionless stare of Fleetway. I had grown to Fleetway, fast actually. I don't know how it happened. I sat in the same spot he did. Now what am I supposed to do? Hate him or accept why he is the way he is? He wants freedom...he wants his own body.

That's what I think. I may be all wrong though. He might be the greatest fake I've ever met. I'll have to learn, won't I?

"Talk." I stared at him, and that's when I heard the sound of a desperate being.

"L..et me k...ill." The wind said, and the motionless figure of Fleetway seemed to relax somehow, but it didn't move at all. Letting Fleetway kill..would give him his freedom. And he won't cry anymore.

There won't be any white silence anymore.

-

"I wonder when Rouge will come back." I said quietly, eating a burnt piece of bread. It was like a brick.

"I doubt she will, most likely the two dimwits are keeping her within the city limits." Shadow said, and ate his toast like it was perfection.

"How can you eat this?" I said chuckling and Shadow looked at me with a grin. He continued to stare at me eyes until I broke it by looking away.

"I guess we need Rouge after all." He said with a chuckle and I laughed along with him. We both finished the perfect toast, and I took the plates into the kitchen and set them in the bottom of the sink.

I will mostly likely not see the bottom of sink again because of all the dishes that will soon pile up.

Today is sunny, a very bright day. Shadow walks out on the front porch, and I follow him moments after. We stand in silence, and I find myself staring at the road.

A little to the right of the house is Fleetway's spot. I walk down the front steps slowly, and walk over to it. I look up at Shadow, and he is looking at me curiously.

"Come here." I simply said and sat down. I heard the crunch of Shadow's steps, and soon his figure was next to me.

"Sit like I am." I said, and he looked down to see how I was sitting. Sitting on top my legs, and my hands resting on each of my thighs. He copied my pose but didn't say anything.

"Now, stare straight ahead of you. Don't move. Could you enjoy this?" I asked sincerely and stared right in front of me while he did the same.

What are you doing?! I heard a voice in my mind yell, but I continued to stare at the same spot. Shadow did the same, and minutes passed.

"It is something I could enjoy." Shadow said quietly and I looked at him strangely. Shadow, enjoying this? He continued to stare straight ahead of him. But I think he knew I was staring at him.

"The sky is beautiful, the clouds always pass differently, don't they? And the silence...it's almost white. I like it a lot." He said confidently, and a small smile was formed on his muzzle. After a few minutes, he spoke.

"Do your eyes normally change color?" This is when he finally turned to look at me, and quickly turned away, staring at the familiar spot. I felt my cheeks and ears flare red.

"Have they?" I asked and fell back so I was laying down on the grass.

"Yeah. They sometimes are green, sometimes they are blue, or it's a purple." Shadow said was looking at me while he was sitting.

"That's strange." I said and closed my eyes.

"Yeah it is. I'm assuming it's Fleetway's fault." Shadow said and I became tense. What matters if it is Fleetway's doing? It's only a color change.

"It's only my eyes, Shad." I said and something inside me jumped. What now?

Shad? You really make me laugh.

What is that supposed to mean?

Let me talk.

"Shad?" Shadow asked me and I shrugged.

"It fits you." I said sincerely and when I opened my eyes I found him staring at me.  His tense look was gone, and it was not as harsh as it was before.

I coughed to cover the silence, "It looks like Blaze in living somewhere close to the city." I said and Shadow nodded.

"She has a house she stays at whenever she is around here. How do you know?" He asked me.

"No reason. I paid her a special visit." I said smiling and Shadow's earlier smile was turned upside down. I could tell that he knew who was talking to him.

"What did you do?" He asked seriously and I chuckled.

"Nothing out of the ordinary?" I said to him and he was watching my eyes the whole time. I could feel a tingling sense behind my eyes, and my sight stared to go hazy.

"Come on. Let's go inside." Shadow grabbed my shoulder and it felt like all the blood in my body was rushing to it. It was burning hot, because of Shadow's touch.

I jumped trying to jump out of his grip. I couldn't exactly say who was trying to get away from the silent house.

Me and Fleetway both hate the White Silence.

-

Heyyyyyyy
I have the ending planned exactly how I want it to go and I'm excited!!
But there is still a lot more to cover lol
Though I CHANGED MY USERNAME!!

it's now xelouzo (I think I spelled it right lol)

Ps when this book ends, would you rather me just have the original ending or an alternate as well???

Thanks, Miyuki