Chapter 10

HE WOKE UP to the sound of bars clanging. Peter was gone from the cell; probably taken sometime in the night.

The scientist, who Peter had told him he called Bob, walked in briskly, standing above Harley. "Get up," he commanded, voice harsh. Unwillingly, Harley flinched back before glaring up at the man.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," he spat, his fists clenched.

With a snap of Bob's fingers, three guards rushed into the room, attacking Harley. He lashed out, hitting a man in the leg and punched another in the chest, but they managed to shackle Harley's arms together behind his back.

"It would've been easier if you cooperated," Bob tutted, shaking his head slowly.

"I'll never willingly follow you," Harley seethed, angry at the man who he learnt had been the main reason to Peter's kidnapping.

"I wasn't planning on you willingly following me," Bob said, and his maniacal smile sent chills down Harley's spine. "Now, now, no need to be so afraid-today, we'll be starting easy. You won't be harmed."

Bob smiled at him reassuringly, which only made Harley feel worse. He gritted his teeth in anger, hoping desperately that his dad or the rest of the Avengers would find him (and Peter) soon.

The three guards shoved him into a blackened room; Harley could see from the dim lights of monitors and computer screens. In the middle of the room, there was a white table and a person shackled on top of it.

"Peter," Harley whispered, dread sickening him in the stomach. "Peter!" he said again, struggling, but one of the guards slapped him across the face, silencing him.

Peter's head rolled toward him and his eyes widened when they met Harley's. Harley, he mouthed, fear clawing in his eyes.

"Now, Peter Parker," Bob chortled. "A poor little boy who has no control over his own mind." He traced the helmet that was placed perfectly on Peter's head. "I wonder what your brother thinks of you. A monster?" he crooned, and Harley shook his head once, quick and fast.

"N-no," Peter stammered.

"We'll see about that," Bob said, smiling evilly. "Peter, do you remember the arena?"

Recognition flared in Peter's eyes. "No!" he shouted, flailing. "No...I won't, I won't! Not-not again!"

"You'll see you'll have very little choice in the matter, Winter Spider," Bob crooned with delight. Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, Harley saw a helmet being placed on his little brother's head.

"Stop!" Harley panicked, unsure what was going on. "What are you doing to him?"

"Wait and watch, little Stark," Bob said, a smile still present on his face. He faced Peter, staring into his eyes as he spoke.

"Two..."

He watched helplessly as Peter's eyes screwed shut with pain, his body vibrating slightly. Peter's fingers curled and uncurled, and there was a grimace on his face.

"Home..."

A cry left Peter's lips, and Harley's heart jumped with pain. He thrashed on the table, flailing as he tried to keep his memories together.

"Radioactive..."

Peter screamed. Harley flinched, wishing he could cover his ears with his hands. He couldn't bear seeing his own brother, the one he just found hours ago, in extreme pain.

"Brother."

The screams died and Peter fell limp. He looked up with a dazed expression, and Harley's eyes widened.