Chapter 11

"HI, GUYS," GWEN SMILED softly at Michelle Jones and Ned Leeds. "Have you seen Harley? I haven't seen him for the last few days."

"We haven't, either, actually," Ned said worriedly. "He just disappeared. No texts or calls. I'm really close to going to Stark Tower and demanding to know where he is."

"Why aren't we doing that?" MJ asked, frowning. "We can do that."

"I haven't seen Peter, too," Gwen cut in. "Isn't it a little odd that they've both been absent on the same days?"

"That's true," MJ replied after a couple seconds. She tilted her head and frowned. "Okay, come on, you guys."

She walked toward the front doors of the school, completely ignoring that it was the middle of the day and they had a Spanish test next period.

"MJ?" Ned squeaked out. "Where are we going?"

She spun around, her dark eyes shining with worry. "Stark Tower," she said. "I want answers. Now."

***

It took almost an hour to get to the tower. Ned looked up in awe despite having been there at least three times for sleepovers and movie nights. MJ pushed through the doors and smiled at the receptionist, who was familiar with the three of them.

"Michelle, Ned, Gwen," the receptionist, Malla, called. "Don't you have school?"

"We need to talk to Stark," MJ said quickly, crossing her arms. "It's important."

Malla sighed. "I'll call him to the living room for you. I assume he'll be in his lab."

"Thank you, Malla," Gwen said genuinely, smiling at the woman.

"Anything for my three favorite teens," Malla winked, and they went off toward the elevator.

"FRIDAY?" MJ said to the ceiling.

"Yes, MJ?" FRIDAY responded quickly.

"To the living room, please," she said, and the elevator rose.

***

Tony Stark was waiting for them.

His suit was unbuttoned, his collar lopsided. His hair stuck out in all directions and his tie was loosened. There was a scowl on his face and deep black bags under his eyes as he stared at Harley's best friends in annoyance.

"What do you want?" he asked impatiently, wanting nothing more but to get to his labs to try and find Harley.

He noticed Gwen Stacy's small frown at his rudeness, but he didn't back down.

"Where's Keener?" MJ asked, cutting to the chase. Her eyes met Tony's, defiance and determination littering them.

Tony's gaze wavered. "We didn't tell you?" he asked quietly, his shoulders dropping. The three shook their heads, confused. "Harley's gone."

"Gone?" Gwen's eyes were wide. "What do you mean, gone?"

"Kidnapped," Tony rushed out, tears pricking the corner of his eyes. He couldn't believe it, not after two days. Both of his sons were taken from him.

Gwen's hand covered her mouth in horror, tears swimming in her eyes. MJ and Ned stood frozen, shocked expressions on their faces. "What?" Gwen whimpered.

"He was taken two days ago during school hours," Tony said, and he eyed the three of them. "Hold on a moment. Did you guys see anything strange that day?"

"No, not really," MJ said, but then she froze, realization coming to her. "Actually..." she hesitated. "Yes. There was this fourteen year old kid who transferred to our school a week ago."

Eyes wide, Tony leaned forward desperately. "Go on," he breathed.

"He's really strange. Spoke monotone, showed no emotion..." MJ shuddered.

"Harley told me about him, once," Tony recalled. "What was his name? Pedro?"

"Peter," said Ned. "Peter Parker."

Tony's head snapped toward him, his eyes wide. "Peter Parker?" he whispered. "Peter Parker?" he asked again, this time louder. "He's fourteen?"

"Yeah," MJ said. "Why? You know him?"

"What-what does he look like?" Tony demanded, his heart rate picking up.

"Tall, curly brown hair, brown eyes..." Gwen frowned. "You know, he has the same eyes...as...Harley..." she faltered, her eyes narrowing on Tony.

"That's my son," Tony scrambled back until he hit the counter. His hands shook. "Peter's my son."

~ Lyn

Words: 657

Please remember to comment, vote, and share!