Chapter 21

5 years old, 3 years after capture

after last scene 

HE WAS DRAGGED INTO A ROOM. The scientist was angry. 

"What did I tell you?" he shouted at the boy. 

"No fear," he mumbled monotonously. He couldn't think, couldn't breathe—his lips quivered at the thought of the dead woman. He wanted to cry. 

"You showed fear!" The scientist glowered at him. "You know what happens to those who disobey?" 

The boy hung his head. 

"Come here." The scientist's tone changed. Surprised, the boy glanced up to see a large metal chair. The scientist pointed to it. "Sit." 

The boy hesitated but sat, dread overcoming him. 

He shouldn't have sat. 

"This is what happens when you disobey," the scientist growled. 

The boy wasn't sure what happened. 

Needles were suddenly stuck into his arms, his legs, his torso—covering every nerve or inch of skin they could find. The needles were connected to a machine with an electric bolt symbol on it. 

What did that mean? 

The scientist smiled sweetly at him. "Don't worry," he said quietly. "It'll be over, soon." 

Somehow, that made the boy feel worse. 

The scientist flicked up the switch. 

He didn't remember what he had felt. He just remembered the pain, the electricity that had been sent down every nerve. His body jerked. He cried out. 

He pleaded. He sobbed. 

He wanted it to be over. 

He wanted to go away, too. 

He remembered the pain. 

He remembered it happened, remembered the after-shocks. 

He sobbed. 

He didn't hear anything else except for his screaming

                                                  and screaming

                                                                        and screa...

~ Lyn 

Words: 261

So, I've had the idea to upload as many chapters as I can before I die from the stress of being a highschooler. 

That means my chapters might be rushed or feel a little off—I'm not sure, I haven't written them yet. So I'm so, so, so sorry if they are in advance!!