Chapter 15

PETER'S FINGERS TREMBLED IN FEAR.

He didn't know his Dad; had never met him, unless you counted being his son for his first two years.

As they walked in front of Stark Towers, Peter seeing it for the first time that he could remember, he was intimidated. What if his dad didn't want him back? What if he hated that Peter was an assassin?

Gwen glanced at him, her white-blonde hair fluttering in the wind as she smiled softly. "He still loves you, Peter," she told him. "He was confused, but I could tell he loves you still."

"Don't worry," Harley said from beside him. "When you step through these doors, you're never going back." He placed a hand on the doors. "Ready?"

"Yeah," whispered Peter.

The doors pushed open, and the first thing Peter noticed was how bright it was inside.

The lights blinded him, stabbing pins into his eyes as he glanced around. Everything was still. The desk was empty, with no receptionist behind it. But there was a sign on the desk that read BE RIGHT BACK, HAVE A SEAT!

"Hello, Gwen and Harley," an Irish voice said from above, making Peter jump. "Unauthorized figure. Scanning. Hello, Peter Parker."

"God?" Peter murmured to Harley, who snorted.

"No, that's F.R.I.D.A.Y.," Harley laughed. "Hi, F.R.I.D.A.Y."

"Would you like to inform Tony of your arrival?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. asked.

"Please, F.R.I.," Harley said, exhaustion settling in his bones. "Tell him-"

The hairs at the back of Peter's neck stood up. He looked around warily. "Harley, we...we did escape those HYDRA agents, right?"

As the last word left his mouth, a loud bang rang in his ears and his pain exploded in his chest.

Peter didn't remember falling; but he fell.

He didn't see a man dressed in black running out of the tower.

All he remembered was seeing stars, his head exploding in pain, and Harley's arms around him.

He remembered hearing Harley before passing out in his older brother's arms.

"Tell him to hurry!"

~ Lyn

Words: 332