The Morning After.

Erin woke up from a peaceful night sleep. She had decided to sleep in a little bit. When she woke up it was 8 am. Which was later for her, was late. She was usually up early, listening to an audio book at 6 am, speed walking around the neighborhood. (She had a bad back with two rods on her spine, so she couldn't really jog or run.) Then, she showered, had breakfast and then began writing for the next three hours. She never wrote for a full eight hours, as three hours was enough. She didn't need the burn out. Plus, if writing for three hours a day works for Stephen King, it works for her.

She got out of bed, changed out of her night clothes and into some leggings and a sports bra, and tank top. She made coffee and when the pot was done, she poured it into her to go Coffee bean and Tea leaf cup, and poured the rest into the thermos for Miguel. She grabbed her keys and purse and put on her lavender sneakers, tied them up and went out the door to her car. She started it up and drove to Echo Park. She parked in the parking lot far off from the ducks and another birds, walked up and started to fast walk with her coffee cup, taking sips here and there. She walked for 45 minutes before walking back to her car. She thought she saw a familiar dark-haired man, but shook it off and got in her car to go home. 

When she got back home, She found Miguel sitting at the table with his hard boiled eggs and some toast. "Hey, good morning. I made some hard boiled eggs for you." 

Erin put her purse where  it hung up and smiled. "I know, I smelled them coming up the drive." She teased., grabbed a plate and paprika, as she didn't like to eat hard boiled eggs on their own. other types, yes, but that could be because they were made with butter. She then put in a piece of toast in the toaster and grabbed an avocado and cut into it. 

Miguel looked over to Erin, "So how was last night?" 

She turned around after scooping the inside of the avocado out. "Pretty good. No calls but I did get to give out my card. No way of knowing if they'll contact me, but it's fine. I put myself out there, and that's all that matters." She said before getting the piece of toast that had just popped up and she smashed the avo with a small fork. She then brought her plate to the table, sit down, and began to eat. 

"I'm sure they'll call or text." He said, putting her hand on hers, patting it,  knowing that Erin will get a publisher some day. if not, he would give her some to self publish. She needed to get out and try.

Erin nodded and peeled her egg and started after peeling it, too.  She then ate the toast and took her meds. (Advil, b-8 vid. for PCOS and a multi vid.) She then went for a shower and got out of the bathroom, after pumousing her feet to find her purse, in her rob. Grabbed her phone that was in her purse, hanging by the door and took it out to find a text from Taylor. 

"Good morning!" He wrote with a blue heart on the end of it.

She smiled and wrote back. "Good morning!" with a blue heart. 

The lines from his end were going. He finally sent after a couple minutes. "If your free today, maybe we could go for that coffee?" 

"Sounds good. Meet you in an hour at Silver lake cafe?"

"Yes." He wrote back. 

Erin smiled and went to get dressed. She decided on black jeans, a light blue dodgers shirt that was cute and casual. She waited about half an hour to leave. When she was walking out the door, Miguel, who was on the couch asked, "Where are you going now." 

"Coffee meeting, should be home, one, two hours max."  

"Okay, have fun." He smirked know that it was going to be personal, not professional. 

Erin went out the door with blue shoes this time, her purse again. She had never been more excited in her life. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just wanted to have a little time with Erin's bestie. The next chapter will be way more fun. 

Hope you all are having a good day.-Dreamcast45