Picnic In The Park

TW: For mention of rape.

Erin walked out of her house up to Taylor's car. She told him that he shouldn't come up to the door. It was because Miguel was home and she wasn't ready for Taylor to meet him yet. She hadn't had a chance to even tell him. She was having so much fun on their dates, that it never came up. However, she would tell him soon. Hopefully today.

He had texted her to tell her that he would surprise her on this date, all he said was for her to bring a book. She got to his car with her purse with the book in it, her meds, keys and lipstick and phone. She opened his car door. "Hi." She said with a smile. 

He took off his sunglasses. "Hi." He leaned in for a kiss. She met him half way and gave quick peck. "Ready?" 

"Yeah."

He put the car in reverse and drove to the destination. "How are you today?"

"Excited for what we might be doing."

He turned to her. "Me, too." He reached out his free hand took her hand in his.

---------------------------------------------------

They arrived at an outdoor park. Taylor parked got out, locked his car, and went around to the back and took a basket and large towel. Erin got out and walked with him. They walked until they found a spot. Taylor put the basket down and then placed the towel down and took the basket near him and started to open it it up. "Oh, a picnic. I love it." She said in a cheery tone and sat down on the blanket.

Taylor looked up at her. "Not just that. I also thought since you love books and I love books, I thought we could have a reading date." 

Erin's eyes lit up when he said that. She always wanted to have that but she hadn't dated someone who liked to read in a long time.  "I love it even more." 

Taylor smiled, unpacking the picnic. Hummus, Cheese, bread and some coleslaw and sparkling apple cider. Erin took some hummus and spread it on the bread. "Did you make this?"  She asked.

"Yes, but not the coleslaw." 

"I know. I see the Whole foods label on it." She smirked.

"Sorry. I haven't tried to make that." 

"I was joking." 

"So was I." He said, getting into her sense of humor.  They laughed and ate and when they were done, Taylor handed her a tiny spray bottle of hand sanitizer. She rubbed her hands with it and found that she liked it better than the other crappy ones you see. So much goop with it. 

"So, what are you reading?" She asked him.

He held it out to her. Mexican Gothic. "Oh, I've read that. It reminds me of the Hanting of Hill House." 

He nodded. "So far, I'm getting that vibe. What are you reading." 

"I brought Rebecca." 

"I guess were both into scary books. If you get scared, I'm here." 

"And same to you, sir." She smirked and so did he. They both started to read their books. Erin's book about how men treat women like that, was a bit much. The character didn't have a name. After some time into it. She takes a break from it and lays back down on the blanket. Taylor sees this, puts his book down and asks. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just taking a break." 

"Is there something else on your mind." 

"I just should've brought it on our date, cause it's reminding me of things." 

"What things?" 

"I saw my ex before we had dinner at your place."

"At the store when I was getting wine and he was being really mean to me. Saying that I was looking for action, when I'm not and the wine brought it out of me, when it was him who wanted to take care of my horny ness, when all I wanted to do was cuddle with him like he was with me then."

"It sounds like he wanted sex, but he didn't want to give into you. Sounds like he wanted the control." 

"I think so, too." She nodded, like he got it. 

"Sex should be lovely and given when two people want to be given. I'm so sorry he did that to you. You deserve better."

"Thank you. Especially  since I told him I had been harmed in the past and he was nice the first date we were together. After the night I told you about, but after that, I had to get over that." 

"Wow. What an asshole. When did you get..?"

"When I was in the fourth grade and once in college." 

"Oh, my god. Was it by an adult when you were in the fourth grade?" 

"By a pair of young boys."

"Oh, wow."

"I'm so sorry." He wrapped his arms around her and holds her. "Well, you're with me now and I'm not going to do anything till you're ready."

"Are you saying you want to be."

"Yes, if you want. I really like you and I don't really want to see anyone else."

"Me neither." She held him tight and they kissed. She held like for the first time, that someone really understood her and really wanted her for her.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short. The next one will be longer. I promise.

Hope you all are having a good day and week.-Dreamcast45