Meeting with an editor

Erin walked up to the coffee bean and tea leaf at the Americana. She had taken the bus there, as she didn't feel like dealing with the parking lot and having to walk along ways from the target parking lot. She just didn't want stress. She was nervous about the meeting as it was, so that was one less thing to worry about.

She was wearing light red flats, long, jean skirt that was just a little above the knee and a black buttoned up long sleeve shirt. She was walking into the coffee shop and stood in line, a women waved to her. Erin waved back and signaled that she would be there in a minute. She ordered a green tea with lemon, paid, and they handed it to her when it was done. She thanked them and walked over to the woman. "Jemma Kirk, right?"

"Yup. that's me."

"It's nice to meet you." Erin said, as she  sat down. "I'm glad your meeting with me. I know we could've faced time, or zoomed but I appreciate you meeting with me in person."

"Oh, that's the pandemic shit. I'm done with it."

Erin looked surprised that she was speaking that way. Who was this woman? "Honestly...me too."

Jemma took a sip of her coffee and smiled. "So I edited the first chapter." 

"Yeah?" She said more surprised.

"Yeah, I just wanted to show you how I work." 

"Show me."

She got out her iPad and opened up her document. Erin looked over it. It was tight like she wanted and the misspelling were fixed. She smiled. "Oh I like it. So, where did you go to school?"

"Harvard. I worked at the Univeristy new paper and majored in English and worked in publishing and then went on to edit independently."

"How'd you get to do that?" 

"I just didn't like working at the publishing firm and I wanted to put at books that they would ignore." 

Erin nodded. "Wow... that's incredible. How long have you had the business?"

"Three years." 

"Cool. I'm really excited with you on this." 

"Oh. I'm hired."  She teased.

"Yes." 

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short. Next chapter will be much longer. 

Hope you all are having a good day!-Dreamcast45