The Hike

Erin and Taylor pulled up to Griffith Park at 8 am. They got out and started to walk near the path. "I forgot to ask this last night or on our drive over, but you've been hiking before?"  

Erin looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Umm yeah. I like it and I would've agreed to it if I didn't." She paused as she had something else on her mind and Taylor watched her. "But I do have two rods in my back so can we just stay on the path if that's okay? Not climbs. I know it's not your thing..."

Taylor stopped her and moved closer to her "It's okay. I don't want you to do anything to hurt yourself." He placed a hand on her shoulder. Erin looked at him, feeling a bit of a filter when he touched her. "Okay, then." She smiled relieved. Most of the time people don't care about her injury. Like she was faking or lying about it because she wasn't on crunches, which means they don't know shit. "Shall we go?" 

Taylor realizing how long he was looking at her said, "Yeah, let's go." They started up the path and they walked and walked. "Any other things I should know about you. I mean disability wise?" He asked innocently, He wanted to know. He wanted to know her. 

"Oh. Well.. I have two rods from Scoliosis to correct my spine, I brain damage from cancer, neuroblastoma, anxiety, and PCOS." 

Taylor looked stunned. He had worked with people with disabilities, but he never knew of any that had so many and functioned so well. "Oh wow. That's a lot to deal with someone so young."

She nodded, "Yeah, well it's my life. I've learned to mange them well."   

"I know that you have. I can tell. Do you take anything for it?" 

"Yeah, I take a B8 vitamin for my PCOS and Advil for my back. And I can't believe I'm telling you all this." She looked away from him, thinking he would use it against her like her ex would sometimes

"Hey. I just wanted to know because I think your interesting and I want to continue to hang out with you if you want me too." 

She nodded her head and looked at him, "Where did you come from?" 

Taylor smiled, "Chicago. I told you that." He smirked.

Erin laughed  and they continued to walk they found a tree near by. "Hey got you mind if I just take a minute to sip some water." 

"Of course."  He said. Erin stood under the tree and so did Taylor. She took a few sips of water. "You know this might make a good picture." She said. 

Taylor looked at her. "Yeah? You want to take a picture together?" 

She nodded. "Let's do it. Don't worry, I won't post it on social media." She teased.

He laughed, "Okay let's take a picture." Erin got her phone out of the leggings pocket and swiped it open, clicked on the picture button and they got close to each other and Erin pressed the button and it took their picture. "Huh." She said looking at it.

"What?"  He said trying to look at the picture.

"We look cute together." 

"Oh, good." He said. 

"Can I take one of you against the tree?"

"Yeah, sure." He positioned himself agaist it. 

"Why don't you stand up?" 

"Sure.." He stood up and Erin got low. Taylor raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" 

"You just look so good from this angle." She snapped it and showed him the picture. 

"Send it to me." Erin did. "I'm going to post this, if that's okay." She nodded and he emailed to himself and posted it to his grid. With the caption: Going back to nature." He also started to follow Erin. "Oh." She said. She followed him back, liked and commented: "The person that took this, must either like you or really like you." 

"Maybe. Who knows." He said commented back quickly.  They looked at each other and put away their phones and started to walk again. They walked up to the top. They had another moment and looked at each other. She took a breath. "I do like you Taylor. And I do want to keep seeing you." She grabbed his hand. "This maybe too soon to say but I do." 

He fang his fingers in hers. "I like you, too. And it's not too soon. Also thank you for being able to share things with me."  They looked at each other. "May I kiss you?" Not something he did. He be friends with them for a while, but Erin was different. He was breaking his own rule, but he didn't care.

Erin looked a bit surprised. "Yes." She found herself saying. He leaned in, put his hand on her face and kissed her softly on the lips.  He opened his eyes, pulled away to look at her. She opened hers and looked back at him for a moment before pulling him in for another kiss. Her fingers running through his beautiful curls. Erin would've waited for this for a while but now seemed so right. She could've thought of a more perfect setting. 

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. To be honest, I thought I was going not have them kiss for a while, but when you feel it, you feel it. 

I also hope you all are having a lovely day today.-Dreamcast45