rocket raccoon

"do you always have to be an ass rocket!" you snarl over at the little raccoon that stared you down.

"look kid, i understand that your mad-"

"mad? you think im mad at you?" you take a step towards the creature and glare down at him with a snarl. you knew he was trying to remain calm so that the others couldn't hear but you were far past that, you didnt care if they heard you nor what they would say.

"you just need to calm down (Y/n)." rocket says holding out a cautious hand you way. your eyes widen a little at how orderly he sounded but you quickly brushed the thought out of your mind as you take another step.

"im sick and tired of feeling like i have to be your punching bag!" you yell your fists clenched.

"you were never-"

"I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!" and as your words came out a shock came threw your body as you feel yourself falling down to your knees. rocket put a paralyzed zapper that stopped you in your tracks.

rocket sighs as he takes a small step to you. holding out his paw he touches your cheek. you want to flinch but the tool that had you paralyzed prevented you from doing so, instead you watched rocket as he sighed and then touched his forehead to yours.

"i never wanted to hurt you (Y/n)." rocket says.

"i just wanted you to feel safe and if i have to push you away to secure that safety i would do it in a heartbeat." you look up at the furry creature and look into his small round eyes and notice the pain that you to have felt.

you wanted to talk to him, to say anything that would heal his broken wounds but the tool held you in its trap. Rocket sighed as he unleashed the tool causing you to fall down to your hands.

"sorry kid," rocket says as he turns to walk away.

"i never asked to be like this-" but before he could walk away fully you reach out and grab him forcing him into a hug. you dig your head in the crook of his furry neck and squeeze your eyes shut as you felt tears prick your eyes.

"im so sorry rocket," you says over and over. still holding him in the hug.

Rocket sighs as he pats your arms.

"im sorry (Y/N)-"

"dont say sorry." you interrupt. you dont want to let go of him because if you do hell leave.

"common babygirl." rocket says softly. you shake your head and dont let go.

"you can let go now (Y/n). im not gunna leave." rocket says with a slight chuckle. you dont let go though.

"(y/n). let me go."

"no."

"(y/n)."

"no."

"let me go."

"no."

"now."

"no."

"god damnit."

rocket gives up as he gives in to the hug that you so graciously given and sighs once more as you and him stay in the hug for a couple of minutes.

you smile as you know that he likes the love but wont admit it.

Because its rocket.