Why Now?- 4

"Avery, great news. No, AMAZING news sweetie!" Mom pranced towards me. "What is it Mom, did Diane finally leave your book club?" I walked through the front door and took my shoes off. "No, unfortunately, she didn't. But your brother finished college!" My mom's face went annoyed then she got excited again "T-that's great. Does that mean he's coming back to live with us?" Hopefully not. I hope he finds a different place to live because he's always making me feel uncomfortable.

"Well speak of the devil, look at my handsome boy!" Mom ran past me with open arms. My eyes darted towards the door to see a huge and I mean HUGE guy walking in the house. He was so tall and handsome and he had so many muscles compared to my thin puny noodle arms. His skin was tanned and his hair was messy and fluffy. "How long you gonna stare at me, you're gonna burn a hole through me." His deep voice rang through my ears, making me recoil. This. Is my brother.

"H-hey CJ, It's been a minute. Heh." I want to die, that was so awkward, he probably thinks I'm the same little kiddy Avery. "Why are you nervous? Remember Ave, Christian?" He dropped his stuff and picked me up, giving me a bear hug. This is the one thing I didn't miss, he's so aggressive. "Go show him your room, take his stuff while you're at it!" Mom closed the door and squealed as she galloped into the kitchen, isn't she a happy soul?

"O-okay." I smiled at CJ and turned to the stairs, walking up I glanced every two seconds to steal a look at him, he looked so different.

"T-this is my room, when we moved Mom wanted to put your stuff in storage but I told her I would make space for it in my room." I closed the door behind me and stood there with my hands behind my back so he could look around. "Thanks, Ave! Where am I going to sleep though?" CJ tossed his stuff somewhere in my room and walked in front of me. Does he need to stand so close? Not being able to say anything I pointed to my bed and looked away feeling embarrassed.

"You sure? Even though it's a queen I still take up a lot of space-" CJ cut off his sentence and went dead silent. "It's okay, I'm not a wild sleeper and you can sleep with me until Mom and Dad get you your bed." The silence was killing me and he was only standing there making me anxious. "Holy shit Avery. You got a girlfriend?!"  "A what? No. What? W-why are you asking me that?!" I felt my face get hot, I just walked away and went to my drawers to change out my school clothes.

"No, come here." CJ walked to me and turned me around closing the space between us, he held my chin and turned it side to side examining my neck and smirking. "W-what are you doing CJ?!" I struggled trying to push him back. "The hickeys are obvious, if mom sees she'll freak!" CJ laughed backed away from me and walked over to the bed falling and lying center on his back just to prop himself up with his elbows.

"Hickey? Oh! That reminds me I have to call someone." I pulled my sweater vest off along with my shirt then went to my bookbag and grabbed my phone powering it on and taking the slip of paper with the number on it out. "Is it the person that gave you the hickeys?" CJ grinned and smirked, he shot up and pulled me down to sit on the bed right next to him.

"Mhm!" CJ made a dumbstruck face and turned his full attention to me as I dialed the number and put the phone speaker on. I placed the phone as it rang and got up to continue changing out my clothes taking my pants off. "Hey babe, I got so bored waiting for you to call me." Lucas's masculine voice answered the phone.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Julius was heard yelling in the background. "So, is there a girl or you're just calling your friend because there is NO WAY you're gay?" CJ picked up the phone and examined it. "Are you cheating on me already? Who is that?" Lucas sounded confused and there was shuffling and a door opening and closing on the other line. "Sorry, that's my brother. CJ this is Lucas, Lucas this is CJ."

"Switch to Facetime babe."

"Ok!" I ran back to my phone in my underwear and socks, tapped my phone, and put it on Facetime just to get my phone snatched by a furious CJ. "Bro, are you boning my little brother?!" CJ was fuming. I don't know why, Lucas didn't do anything wrong, not that I know of. What is he being a big meanie for?! "Not yet, is that a problem? CJ?" Lucas backed the camera up, placing it in front of him on the ground as he leaned back shirtless with his legs open and the pants unbuttoned.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you if you go anywhere near my brother you fucking fag!" CJ screamed. "Doesn't that make your precious brother a fag too, since he made out with one?" Lucas chuckled in a deep voice. "Just give me the phone CJ, what are you mad for? I'm lost, what is happening?" I couldn't stand CJ's yelling anymore, I'm going to kick him out of my room if he yells one more time.

"Lucas, forget what he's saying, weren't you with Julius for a second?" I propped the phone up on my dresser so I could find my favorite bunny pajama set. "Damn Avery, turn around for me." Lucas moved closer to the camera making only his hair visible. "What, is there something on me?" I turned around with my back facing the phone looking all over myself and the floor in distress. "Hahahaha, no. I just wanted to see your ass. After what I grabbed today I knew I wasn't imagining things."

"OH! Hahahahaha, you're so funny." I couldn't hold back my embarrassment, someone complimented my backside. I know it's not the first, but hearing it from him feels more special. "I'm gonna finish playing the game with Julius, alright? See you at school tomorrow babe." He grinned. "Okay, see you at school!" I waved to the camera and hung up. He's been nicer to me ever since study hall.

I hummed as I changed into my favorite white fluffy and fuzzy bunny pajama onesie. "Avery. Tell me why I shouldn't beat the living HELL out of you." CJ shot up from his spot with his hands balled in fist walking up to me and making me cower into the dresser.