Chapter 8

Justin's POV

Today is the day of the first battle round. I am one of the judges, so I had to arrive there earlier. Since that day, I haven't meet or even see Ariana at all. I am so worried about her, I am confident on her but I am afraid Adam will disqualify her based on her small mistakes.

When I arrived there, I parked my car and walked into the big building. A lot of backstage and management workers already there, and so did Adam and Blake.

They always stick together, they are really closed to each other. Their bromance is really strong, it will never be broke. I took a deep breathe and held a smile, I walked to them and said hi to them. I hate Adam so much because of our fight recently but I had to apologize to him because of Ariana, I don't Adam to disqualify her.

I looked at Adam and asked "Hey, can we talk. Just you and me.". He and Blake looked at each other and he nodded. I brought him to a corner of a wall, and made sure that Blake wasn't around here.

I took a deep breathe and apologized "I am sorry, Adam. I shouldn't fight with you. Maybe we can get along very well. You know what I mean? We can be friends.". He nodded and replied "Justin, it's great to hear your apology but it doesn't matter now. Now, I got an even harder problem to face.".

I smirked and appreciated for his forgiveness, I asked to reassure "Is it about Ariana?". He widened his eyes and asked me surprisingly "How did you know that?". He furrowed my eyebrows and answered "Well, Paul told me.".

He sighed and kept shaking his head "I know. It's really unfair to Ariana. She got the potential to crown the show this season. I don't care about the reward I get after the show, I care about her future. If she got knocked out of battle round by this kind of way, it's really not fair. I have no idea what to do about this.".

I shook my head and patting his shoulder, I advised him "Just do yourself, the real you who is always fair. Don't let Ariana know about this, she will fucking hate us. No matter what, ignore Paul and be fair on the result.". He nodded and thanked me "Thanks buddy, I will be fair. Ariana's future is relying on me now. And I won't let her down. Anyway, Justin, please don't meet her anymore, maybe Paul will change his mind if you didn't keep in touch with Ariana anymore.". I nodded and promised him " I will as long as that's good to Ariana.".

I was about to leave but Adam stopped me, he asked "Justin, why do you care about Ariana so much? I mean she isn't...", I cut him off by saying "Because I tried to redeem her.". Adam's face was a total blank, he's speechless, after got my answer.

After that, when I was walking on a corridor, I met Ariana and Nathan. I smiled at them and they did as well, but no talk between us at all. I think Ariana had already known the rumors between us and The Voice as well. When she smiled at me, I couldn't stop starring at her adorable and beautiful smile, I returned a smile to her as well. I whispered to her "Good Luck, Ariana.".

After that, I had some talk with my team members at the backstage, I gave them my last advices to every pair of them. Mostly all of them were nervous like fuck but I tried my best to comfort them.

Before the show started, I put on some gel to set up my hairstyle. A backstage worker knocked my door and said "Mr Bieber, show time.". I replied him through the door "Okay, I am ready. Thank you.".

When I left my backstage room and went to the stage, there are a lot of crowds and Adam, Blake and Christina already there as well. I smirked at Adam and sat on my own big red chair between Adam and Christina.

After 15 minutes of waiting, after Carson Daly had confirmed with the management, he started the show by saying, "Good evening, everybody. It's nice to have you all here. Two weeks ago, we had finished our blind audition. So, right now, every coach had 16 members in their own team, and there are two steals available for every team. Today, we will have Team Adam and Team Justin for our battle round today. Therefore, let's get started with our first pair of competitors from Team Adam.".