Chapter 26

Please check out my other Jariana stories as well. Your read would mean a lot to me. :)

Justin's POV

Today is the day of the knockout round which means today is the day I was going to meet Ariana again.

I hadn't seen her for a week since I was spending my whole week in studio writing and recording songs for my next album.

It's been a tuff week but it really worths it. The progression on this album is very good so far and I believe it will be released pretty soon.

I just couldn't wait anymore to share my new album and my new work with my fans. I hope they felt the same excitement as I do.

However, the best thing about today is that I am going to release my "Where Are You Now" which was collaborated with Jack Ü earlier.

I was ordered to perform this song for the first time on The Voice. The song will be officially released after my performance on The Voice.

Today is gonna be a good day.

I walked into the backstage of The Voice to meet all of my team members as they were ordered to gather at the same place.

I saw a small crowd of them standing there and chatting to each other, I saw almost everyone was talking except Ariana.

She was standing there alone and didn't bother to have any conversation with anyone.

She looked lost and depress. She still couldn't move on from Nathan's death.

She noticed my appearance as she knew my eyes contact was locked directly on her, but she looked away from me immediately which is kinda hurt.

I cleared my throat to get their attention but to get Ariana's attention most probably.

"So, I am so glad and proud that everyone of you for reaching this level of the competition. You guys work so hard on your vocal and you all deserve it.", I announced and couldn't keep my eyes away from Ariana and the Derek guy.

I added "So, today is the knockout stage of the competition and I think you all have already known the rules. I just hope you guys can do your best and amaze the crowd with your amazing vocal. I will be proud of you all no matter what. So, good luck.".

Looking at the list on my plan of the knockout stage, I announced every pair who's going to face each other.

I had already planned well on the matching pair of this knockout stage but I decided to make a slight change.

I announced each pair of them and left Ariana and Derek at the last. I held a smirk and announced "So, Ariana, you are against Derek.".

They frowned as they knew either one of them may leave the stage today. They looked at each other but still had to obey my arrangement somehow.

I felt sorry to them but this is a competition. There will always be a lot of scarifications to form a winner. Competitions are cruel, but without those challenges, you will never grow up.

I greeted them my final good luck and dismissed everyone of them.

After dismissing them, I was welcomed by Adam and Blake who were probably stick to each other all of the time. Well, bromance, that's what I expect.

"Hey, buddy, long time no see?", Adam showed me his hand and started a conversation.

I shook his hand and relied him with a genuine smile "Ya, it isn't that long to be honest. Haha... Anyway, nice to see you both too.".