PART 4; Chapter 30: Worse

"What's that old saying? When the worlds hates you, hate yourself too. Cause you're a piece of FUCKING SHIT THAT NO ONE LIKES!"

-Luke

Calum's pov

I tossed and turned, then my eyes flew open.

"Lukey, time to wake up-"

I looked over, and realized Luke wasn't there.

Where the hell could he be?

I heard a crash coming from the kitchen.

Was my mom trying to twerk again?

I grumbled getting out of bed, and throwing on some clothes.

After yesterday, nothing made sense.

Mashton are officially dicks.

Angail are taking a break.

Kian and Jason are probably fucking.

Demi's baby is due some time this month.

And Luke is still.... well... not the same.

I slowly walked down the stairs. My parents had left to go to work, and I told them a few things about Luke's mental condition at the moment.

As I made it down the stairs, I saw Luke, on the counter, going through the cupboards.

"Lu Lu? What are you doing?"

"Looking for knives. I must cut my skin Calum. You don't understand! I need to feel that burn again. It calms me. Makes me feel more alive, and accepted."

Luke snatched a knife, and I ran towards him, throwing the knife in the sink.

I picked him up by the waist, and he screamed.

"No! My friend! My buddy! No! Let me get the knife! I hate you! I fucking hate you! Put me down!"

He thrashed his legs out, and tried kicking me. The Luke I loved was gone.

I set him down on the couch, and he pulled me down with him.

He cried into my shirt, and sniffled.

"Please don't hate me! I didn't mean any of those words Calum! Don't leave me!"

Luke clutched my shirt tightly, and I straddled him, giving him kisses on the neck.

He sniffled, and turned around, giving me a kiss on the lips again.

I knew he didn't want to do this. His mind was messing with him. He really didn't like me.

That's great.

We sat there in silence, me just calming him down. A lot had happened yesterday, and I knew this wasn't something Luke could get over easily.

"Calum, I have something else to show you. Please, don't freak out. Please."

I nodded, and Luke got up, and took off his shirt and jeans.

I kind of liked where this was going.

Until I saw his stomach. He quickly whipped around, and showed the cuts along the back of his legs.

"I always cut there, on the back of my legs. It helped. I always cut in the bath. It helped to see the blood run into the water. There are some on my thighs too. And Calum, stop staring at my ass."

"Sorry, but damn, that flat booty."

Luke cracked a smile, but it was soon gone.

I loved his smile.