Chapter 3: The folder

Texas was back in customs again but not in the area where he had fought earlier. Instead he was in the industrial zone where factories stood dormant ever since the beginning of the conflict and blockade. This was where many would die in the close confines of said factories, in particular the chemical plant number 16 constantly being fought over by every single faction from scavs to cultists to pmcs to that dreaded maniac Tagilla. But there was another place which was the complete opposite one of the chemical plants that was actually used for the production of industrial chemicals opposed to a front for Terragroup. It was a place where no one fought, was well lit, had energy and even connections to the outside world via satellite and the internet.

Everyone visited the place from time to time, all because of the man known as Mechanic. A former chemical plant foreman, he had turned his workplace into his little corner in Tarkov, filled with guns and weapon parts of all sorts. He provided services such as armor ans gun repairs, building weapons to suit the needs of a client perfectly and of course sold guns and weapon parts. He even helps people set up communication with the outside world a feat near impossible in the current situation. Alas mechanic is a man who is driven by passion, a very rare sight in the hellhole that is tarkov, for he can leave the zone easily thanks to his immense wealth and connections yet chooses not to do so.

And if anyone tried to do him harm? Well electronic locked blast doors into his workspace exist for a reason alongside a army of CCTC cameras. But everyone trusted him already so there really was no need to use such a failsafe. Texas casually walked into Mechanic's main workspace area, as usual he was repairing a customer's USEC highcom armour to the best he can. "Uh hey Mechanic, got something for you." He sets Moron's gun down beside his desk. Mechanic looks over taking his attention away from the armour he was working on. "Moron's gun? He asked you to hand it in for him." He checks the gun, a UMP, making it sure it was to his client's specifications.

"Yup lazy bastard as always..." Mechanic sighs and puts the gun in a box having it deemed to be satisfactory with more similarly modded out weapons handing Texas a sum of 100,000 Roubles set as a reward for Moron. Texas takes out the black and gold Terragroup folder from one of the pouches in his rig and places it on the table sliding it to him. "Found this on a extract camper, is it worth anything?" The folder piqued mechanic's interest, he moved to grab it. "I've never seen one of these before...black and gold Terragroup folders mean usually there is something important or highly secret inside..." Inside was several blueprints and many paper documents. The usually uninterested mechanic was now interested. "Go take a walk for a few seconds...see if you need anything while your here."

Texas gave a alrighty and wandered off into the shelves of guns, attachments and gear. He wandered around looking at if he wanted anything, he found some 50 BMG makeshift shotgun slugs which he took alongside some flechette ammo and a new better 7.62 suppressor for his RD-704. By the time he returned to Mechanic he was already finishing reading the document. "Take a seat friend, this is gonna take awhile." He motions to a old soviet era wooden school chair next to his desk to which Texas obliges.

Once Texas was sat down and ready dir his explanation, Mechanic began. "Alright Tex listen here, I have seen a lot of weird things when it comes to Terragroup projects and operations. You were a high ranking USEC after all and should know some of the depths of how far Terragroup goes. I have seen papers on human experimentations to the material list to what I can pray to the holy father that is not a nuclear bomb. But this is some next level fucked up, these papers are discussing the possibility of harnessing energy from another dimension and inter dimensional teleportation. I don't know the physics nor math behind it but I know Terragroup doesn't mess around with this kind if stuff. The blueprint is for a device that can transport energy from a alternate dimension from what I can see, a infinite amount of energy by siphoning it from a different dimension like a parasite."

Texas' jaw drops at mechanic's explanation, he knew Terragroup was up to some shady things but messing with dimensions? Sounds like one way to cause the universe to bum fuck rape itself. "What do I do now with this thing then?" Even though this was some revolutionary technology and highly important papers this was Tarkov after all and people would gladly let the cure for cancer be lost to the annals of history if it meant a free ticket out of Tarkov. "Leave the document here, I will make some calls and see what to do with this. A gig for you and your other buddies just that this one might revolutionise science as we know it."

Texas sighs and gets up putting some roubles and Euros on Mechanic's table extending his arm out for a handshake. Mechanic responds with one in return and the 2 shake hands. "Thanks for your help man."

"No problem friend."

With that the both of them part ways with Texas heading back to the stash for some much needed rest time. The stash was a old bomb shelter constructed to resist nuclear blasts in cade the cold war ever went hot. It was found by Texas and Ubel when they had decided to team up after some amount of time into the Tarkov conflict. The 2 members that had returned to the stash earlier were now checking out what the dead members of their group had given there wasn't anything else to do with the loot other than use it. It was a exelent little hideout with many amenities and essentials but not enough for them to just stay in the stash and wait for hell to freeze over warranting them taking on tasks and gigs from the traders.

"Anything good?" Moron asks while rummaging through a ammo box, Texas throws the cash to Moron for completing his task to which he catches it flawlessly. "Nothing much really...mechanic said he'd give us a new task after I showed him the folder I got from that extract camper..." He sets down the extra ammo he bought from mechanic at where he stored all his equipment, a large black weapons box. A buzz comes from pocket, it was his phone receiving a important notification since he always kept any other messages but those from the traders on silent mode.

"Who's that?" Floridaman asked.

Opening up the message it was from a certain corrupt UN logistics officer, Peacekeeper.

"Good day mercenary, I have been informed by Mechanic that you have come into possession of a secret Terragroups project folder. I have some American partners who wish to obtain all information and if possible the device itself as it intrigues them. Mechanic has forwarded me the necessary information about the project and it seems to be in a secret Terragroups laboratory under Tarkov. Since you are a USEC I assume you do know where it is and how to get in. This project has the potential to revolutionise science as we know it, my partners are waiting eagerly for what I have asked of you. One in particular, let's call him the elephant, is offering a ticket out of tarkov for you and your buddies in exchange for this stuff. He will discuss the details with you once the deed is done but if you have any doubts let me tell you this, he is a very powerful republican politician and businessman currently representing the state of North Carolina in the senate, he has contacts everywhere including all the way to the top and has been proven trust worthy. If the clown hiesters can trust him so can you. I await the completion of this task Texas."

"We ride at dawn fuckers, I'll explain everything tomorrow." Texas turns to the other 2 of his group, sliding the phone back onto his pocket.