Chapter 8: The first shower in awhile

It was not like anything compared to tarkov, a smooth clean warm bed to sleep on. Even though their hideout back home was more spacious physically this was in a far better state than the stash. For Akula his situation was worse having occupied a area in the suburbs of tarkov city before a group of 3 USECs showed up with the intent of hunting them like human animals. The remnants of his gang begged for the other raider gangs to help him but no one responded so they moved to the streets in effort to find the labs which one of their members being a ex-USEC knew about only to encounter rogue Russian internal security soldiers. Eventually they did find the lab but their gang was reduced to a small amount of people. That's when Glukhar showed up.

The lab was already ransacked of amenities and even though there was power most of the fuel was used. Being separate from the wider power grid meant that they had to use fuel conservatively so no air conditioning, no ventilation and certainly no elevators. The beacon academy dorm was different, it was a faculty staff dorm so it was more spacious than student ones. At first they weren't sure about the conditions they were living in, everything seemed too good to be true but it was true indeed. Nothing happened really during the journey to beacon academy, some teasing of the police officers and that woman they came to know as Glynda Goodwitch happened but nothing significant.

That Ozpin man did have some instructions though, "be ready at 6am" he said. Everyone just brushed him off and set their alarms to slightly before 6am then promptly forgot about it. By the time the sun came down the 4 of them were all refreshed sleeping like babies for the first time in years. In a heartbeat the night passed and alarm clocks began going off. There was a knock on the dorm door, everyone had finished showering and was putting on their equipment when it happened. Moron moved to open the door and low and behold Ozpin was there waiting for them. "I presume your ready?" He asks in his usual calm and collected tone. Moron looks behind him seeing the others clearly not ready and looks back at Ozpin, "no...not really...?" In his awkwardness he scratches the back of his head.

Ozpin sighs pressing the bridge of his nose with his fingers, "you've got 5 more minutes..." Instantaneously Moron shuts the door and runs over to the other 3 of his comrades. "What the fuck are you waiting for? Christmas?! hurry up! He's here!" Various words that rhymed with "oh shit!" Were yelled by the others hastily putting on their equipment grimacing about how they should have woken up earlier or have their kits ready to go. At least they were ready to get everything necessary on them within that extra time the headmaster had given them. Texas moved to open the door again and Ozpin was standing against the hallway door to the right, "alright Mr Oz, we're ready..."

"Excellent-" he turns to face them and is met with the sight of the 4 men fully in their kits. They were inhuman almost, there was very little skin was shown. All wore some variation of mask with the exception of Akula who didn't wear a mask or any kind of sunglasses. It was unlike what he had seen before, Remnant's kingdoms had mostly abolished their militaries in favour of huntsmen with the exception of atlas but Atlesian soldiers dressed in a certain way all uniformed dressed in white plate armour like knights suited for killing grimm. They in contrast were the opposite of uniformed, more utilitarian, versatile, equipped. It was as if there was no room for error, their jobs were to kill and murder for survival and it demanded nothing be lacking lest thy punishment is death.

"Um, you look pale sir, did you see a ghost?" Texas asked in the few seconds ozpin was just staring into them. "He must've seen zryachiy up close or some shit heh..." Moron chimes in referencing that psychopath. "Yes I'm alright, follow me." Ozpin recomposes himself, clearing his throat as a sort of mental reset. He turns around and begins walking down the hallway, the 4 of them in tail behind him. He looks back and sees all of them gripping their guns instead of being kept in a secure container or at least slung around their back anxiously.