Chapter 11: Eyeless dogs

"Damn Tex you have a real good taste of music..." Said Moron after taking a sip from his vodka bottle. After the big mess for the initiation today everyone thought it would be a good idea to take off their gear, set most of their weapons down and have a nice meal but the group weren't going to have a normal meal at the cafeteria, hell no. Now that they are no longer stuck in a military blockade they could have the luxury of not eating barely edible potatoes, canned food and highly processed mineral water. Eating cafeteria food after their ordeal was like giving Julius Caesar stale bread after conquering all of Gaul for Rome.

To remedy this Texas went into the cafeteria and since the cooks couldn't give less of a shit that some food for 4 people went missing took some food. Specifically he found the ingredients to make some classic american burgers, pork ribs, coleslaw mix and some random assortments of food familiar to him. Meanwhile Moron and Akula went to one of the beacon academy convenience stores and bought a load of alcohol, as much as they could until the clerk told them to fuck off. Too bad the amount of alcohol purchased wasn't enough to satisfy the 2 Russians. We're getting liver failure with his purchase boys.

For entertainment it was Texas' Spotify playlist of classic songs, Frank Sinatra, Bill Evans, Elvis, the Beatles which surprisingly was enjoyable for the Russians who had only old soviet songs singing about Stalin's fabulous mustache and big dick or something of that era. "Come on give me another one!" Floridaman playfully asked handing his paper plate to him to which he puts another burger onto it. For this all to even happen they had to find a barbeque pit and get Akula to camp out on it so that nobody, especially students, would actually claim it for themselves even though all the students should be asleep.

Moron chugs another Vodka bottle, the clear intoxicating liquid making its way into his body. "This vodka is shi..." He falls asleep from a mixture of alcohol and tiredness slumped over the bench he was sitting on glass bottle still in hand. "Welp that's him gone...Akula want another burger?" He holds out a paper plate with a burger on top of it. "Ah thank you.." He says while nodding his head receiving the burger from him. But as the group of 4 began to think that nobody was watching, they were in plain view of a certain team. The barbeque pit was conveniently placed in the view of a certain window, belonging to a certain dorm which a certain team was now inhabiting watching them.

There were 2 reaction's from 2 particular members of team rwby to the "mercenaries". One was naive admiration and one was disgust. Ruby was enamoured at the men, too often her worldview was saturated by the weird wacky outfits of huntsmen and huntswomen to which she was admittedly also guilty of. The only soldiers in remnant was with the sole exception of Atlas small organizations limited in scale and scope as their duties were replaced by huntsmen following the great war. That cape of hers which she could perfectly do without with nearly got her killed, coupled with the lack of upper body strength to even rip the cloak. Come to think of it she could've just ditched the cloak the moment it got stuck but couldn't because of her attachment to a literal piece of red fabric. Maybe it was time for her to become more utilitarian and loose some of the most flashy features of her kit.

For Weiss the feeling was the exact opposite. How dare that one of them tell her to eat shit? No wonder they were mercenaries in the first place, they were vulgar, dimwitted, violent. They possessed none of the elegance a woman like her or family possessed, not even her sister a servicewoman in the Atlesian military showed such behaviour provided she was fully aware of how she as a daughter to the schnee dust company should act. It was just a matter of the inferior and the superior, dogs who didn't even need their eyes to do things, they just do anything so long as money and food were on the table.

However the thought of this being her problem partly crept its way into her psyche. The schnee dust company has been known to use mercenaries for its more dubious operations. Atlas wasn't on their side all the time and it has been widely reported that her father uses a army of rogue huntsmen, former soldiers and even criminals to do dirty business for the company. It was a open secret because atlas couldn't just have their own soldiers keep their labourers in check "ethically" themselves.